overall
RATINGS: 2101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

Vatruvian (27) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 27, 2005
This is my first rating so if I botch it up, well, to bad - its yuengling. Just the same, everyone should have a yuengling at least once to know what a macro can taste like. Far and away better than any anhieser-busch product. Pours orange-amber with a thin white head. Decent malt character with hay and bitter hops. Finishes hoppy and alcohol. Draught has always been excellent with a stronger malt character than the bottles. I have never had a bottle that wasn’t slightly skunked, with a little wet dog thrown in.

maximusud (27) - Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 6, 2007
Standard amber color, without very much head. Not too hoppy, which works in its favor, and a sweet but not overpowering finish. This is a wonderful beer to drink, not overwhelming, but not too wimpy, either.

jayhopkins23 (27) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2008
This beer is what you want if you want something other than the Bud or Miller products. You can drink several of these if you want and not get tired of the taste. Light amber in color, good carbonation, good mouthfeel, and not overly hoppy or malty. Just a decent east coast beer.

Smitty1994 (27) - Portage, Michigan, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Great all around beer. Inexpensive. Although they don't sell in Michigan. I always grab some in Ohio. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew that’s increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didn’t want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine that’s of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think I’ll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and you’re all set for your Sunday night TV (Fox’s cartoons, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Showtime’s Dexter, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVR’ed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, it’s an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

slowcars4life (26) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 5, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2014 By far my favorite cheap beer. It has a great lager flavor. It is a little light on what I prefer for taste.

locdog42069 (26) - Fredonia, New York, USA - JUN 18, 2005
Amber color with thin head. Had a corny taste. Not as good as I had expected but not bad either.. This is a middle class beer a few cents above being lower class!

Shane087 (26) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - APR 13, 2008
Slightly sweet and yeastly, more flavorfull than most American lagers. Very drinkable and inexpensive so it’s a good everyday beer.

SaintArnold1977 (26) - McKinney, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2005
Oh come on..Americas oldest brewery. Show a little spirit. I beats bud, miller, and all the other macro beers out there. Not saying its great. but after 12 its fun to say the name

bigred024 (26) - South Carolina, USA - APR 30, 2007
A nice light lager with a sweet taste. Golden yellow color with a lightly roasted malt taste. not a bad beer at all, and one of the most popular lagers I have seen at bars.