overall
RATINGS: 2352   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2003 I am always surprised when people rave about Yuengling. I think the farther you are away from pennsylvania the more you might like the beer. I myself can barely finish a bottle anymore nothing special.

SirBeer1963 (14) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2003
yuengling bought out the tampa Pabst plant and I did not think much till I tryed the beer and I was very suprised as it was not at all bad as a mild beer with a full body taste and a light but noticable hops

BrooklynWallis (14) - Cols., Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Not nearly as good as I expected. Tastes kinda flat, and doesn’t have the "bite" I would have expected. A bit of a dissappointment.

flynnguy (14) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Bland and overcarbonated. Going to school at Drexel University, this was a "quality" beer at the parties. I would certainly choose it over most of the stuff that they usually served but I don’t think I’d actually buy this beer. I think it’s a little too orange for a pale lager and it can’t be because of the flavor. It’s drinkable but that’s about all I can say for it.

Coastie (14) - Carrollton, Virginia, USA - OCT 27, 2006
I always try to keep some Yuengling in my beer fridge. Great color, very refreshing beer.

lunatic77 (14) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 3, 2007
as one who tends to avoid lagers, i actually quite enjoyed this beer on a recent trip to philly. more substance and flavor than other typical american pale lagers. nice finish.

SWToxaClassico (14) - Nescopeck, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2007
Bottle and Tap: Had gallons of these in my life. Good color, goes down smooth. No alcohol flavor. Good sweet bitterness. Great with barbecued food. Local beer here so it is really cheap. I have not experienced craft beers like others on this site yet, so this is one of my favorites right now.

salzy (14) - USA - AUG 14, 2007
It’s LAGER. No I mean if you order this in Northeast PA you only say Lager. As in, " I need a draft Lager." I grew up with this brew. I will never turn one down. I don’t understand people bashing this tasty treat from Pottsville. Then again it doesn’t taste the same if you get it from the Tampa brewery. Go to the Pottsville tour, it’s free and you get two free pints.

indysigner (14) - Milton, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 12, 2001
Not as good as the Yuengling Porter despite what the rankings might say. Not a great ’lager’ but it does have that pleasant Yuengling taste.

Z28Jersey99 (13) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 26, 2002
Good overall beer, goes down good and tastes good, cant ask for much more