overall
RATINGS: 2354   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bigmattiem (12) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 26, 2001
This beer is a bit overrated, it is ok, a better choice than the standard American Macro brews, but sill overrated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
fryjohn (12) - Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2003 Mild hoppy, nutty aroma (stronger/nicer aroma when served in a tulip shaped glass). Dark yellow/gold appearance. Mild hoppy, nutty flavor. This is my favorite "cheap" beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerandsteak (12) - Syracuse, New York, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Yueng was new to me when I came out here, and I wasnt dissapointed... in fact, I was in love. But that love didnt last long once I started seeing other beers, and well, were still friends, no doubt about that. It pours decently, it has a sour sweetness at times, but its not the same as it used to be for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ebonheart (12) - Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2005
This is the football beer to drink in Pennsylvania. Very affordable, local, and easy to drink a lot of. Best bet in PA for a good beer if the bar has no good beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
gremlin45 (12) - New Haven, Connecticut, USA - SEP 23, 2007
This beer defined my college experience. Every keg we ever got was of Lager. Yuengling beer has a special place in my heart for being the best beer in its price range every time and for keeping a bunch of college kids warm and happy in the winter time. Not the greatest beer on earth, but I drink it any time I can get it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
bstaff88 (12) - Cumberland, Maryland, USA - MAR 2, 2014
Poured a 12oz can into a Samuel Adams Glass. Appearance: Awesome copper/orange hue. It is clear with carbonation visible. Pours a nice 2 finger white, soapy head that disappears rather quickly The beer leaves minor lacing. Smell: Some slight caramel, Slight sweet malt nothing strong. Something that I describe as a Yuengling smell I guess its some kind of adjunct. . Taste: This is how a lager should taste like. very clean, refreshing with some sweet malt, caramel and toffee. Could use a bit more hops to take it to the next level. Very good flavors from a brewer thats been doing this since 1829! Drinkability: Beer is very easy drinking its only 4.4% ABV so that is understandable but when you think of the flavor its seems it should have around 5.5%. Its drinks like a light beer with full beer flavor. For sure a sessionable beer. when you think of the price I dont know it doesnt outperform the BMC beers. A great option from Americas oldest brewery,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrReddinger (12) - Virginia, USA - MAY 6, 2014
This is a great refreshing lager on a warm day. Good out of the can or out of a bottle. Great beer for the price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ribrewmaster99 (11) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 31, 2001
A typical pale, watered down American lager, but pretty good for its style. Very much like Michelob. Light bodied, pale color, nice tight head, with slight traces of corn in the flavor. Not my favorite kind of beer at all, but still favorable of Bud/Coors/Miller type beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
I just want to love Yuengling. Its from Pennsylvania (as am I). Its from the United States oldest brewery. It has an almost unspellable, Asian-esque name. I cant love it though. I dont hate it. I dont dislike it. Much better from the tap than in a bottle. Here in Pittsburgh youll often see a sale on the stuff, say $17/case. Spend the extra three bucks on Sam Adams Boston Lager or Penn Pilsner/Gold. Its a ho-hum beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
courtney2073 (11) - USA - APR 3, 2003
Love the way you can ask for "a lager" at a bar in Philadelphia and they know you mean this. Dry and refreshing. Where's my cheese steak?