overall
RATINGS: 2353   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

fryjohn (12) - Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2003 Mild hoppy, nutty aroma (stronger/nicer aroma when served in a tulip shaped glass). Dark yellow/gold appearance. Mild hoppy, nutty flavor. This is my favorite "cheap" beer.

beerandsteak (12) - Syracuse, New York, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Yueng was new to me when I came out here, and I wasn’t dissapointed... in fact, I was in love. But that love didn’t last long once I started seeing other beers, and well, we’re still friends, no doubt about that. It pours decently, it has a sour sweetness at times, but it’s not the same as it used to be for me.

Ebonheart (12) - Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2005
This is the football beer to drink in Pennsylvania. Very affordable, local, and easy to drink a lot of. Best bet in PA for a good beer if the bar has no good beers.

smithlrs2003 (11) - washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 1, 2005
excellent beer; this is probably my favorite beer tor drink when I’m out on the town or at a barbecue. Smooth, assertive flavor but not as heavy as you’d expect from the coloring.

madcurls85 (11) - USA - MAY 2, 2006
My favorite "all time brew." One of the first beers I really enjoyed and had many great time with the green botltle in hand as well .

JamesHellican (11) - USA - OCT 13, 2006
I know its nothing crazy good. But I will say, when i’m at a pub that has nothing but bud and coors, they always have Lager. Its the lesser of all Evils.

sarcops (11) - Plant City, Florida, USA - JUL 16, 2004
great beer overall. tastes better on tap. now that it is also brewed here in the tampa area, it is more available that way. one of my all time favorites

ribrewmaster99 (11) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 31, 2001
A typical pale, watered down American lager, but pretty good for it’s style. Very much like Michelob. Light bodied, pale color, nice tight head, with slight traces of corn in the flavor. Not my favorite kind of beer at all, but still favorable of Bud/Coors/Miller type beers.

beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
I just want to love Yuengling. It’s from Pennsylvania (as am I). It’s from the United States’ oldest brewery. It has an almost unspellable, Asian-esque name. I can’t love it though. I don’t hate it. I don’t dislike it. Much better from the tap than in a bottle. Here in Pittsburgh you’ll often see a sale on the stuff, say $17/case. Spend the extra three bucks on Sam Adams Boston Lager or Penn Pilsner/Gold. It’s a ho-hum beer.

courtney2073 (11) - USA - APR 3, 2003
Love the way you can ask for "a lager" at a bar in Philadelphia and they know you mean this. Dry and refreshing. Where's my cheese steak?