overall
RATINGS: 2093   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

indysigner (14) - Milton, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 12, 2001
Not as good as the Yuengling Porter despite what the rankings might say. Not a great 'lager' but it does have that pleasant Yuengling taste.

beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2003 I am always surprised when people rave about Yuengling. I think the farther you are away from pennsylvania the more you might like the beer. I myself can barely finish a bottle anymore nothing special.

SirBeer1963 (14) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2003
yuengling bought out the tampa Pabst plant and I did not think much till I tryed the beer and I was very suprised as it was not at all bad as a mild beer with a full body taste and a light but noticable hops

BrooklynWallis (14) - Cols., Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Not nearly as good as I expected. Tastes kinda flat, and doesn’t have the "bite" I would have expected. A bit of a dissappointment.

flynnguy (14) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Bland and overcarbonated. Going to school at Drexel University, this was a "quality" beer at the parties. I would certainly choose it over most of the stuff that they usually served but I don’t think I’d actually buy this beer. I think it’s a little too orange for a pale lager and it can’t be because of the flavor. It’s drinkable but that’s about all I can say for it.

maniak (14) - Bath, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 8, 2005
This is THE lager for me. Easy to drink, flavorful, but a bit heavy for the warm months. Very much the "go to" beer for all situations.

Illinest (14) - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 7, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2006 my rating goes up over time. simply put, if you’re comparing it to a micro brew you’re probably going to be dissapointed. But in Central Pennsylvania, you can get ’lager’ anywhere. For those of us in the distribution area, I think it’s only fair to compare it to other macro beers. Better than BMC? Unquestionably. If you live on the other side of the world, it’s safe to pass on this.

Coastie (14) - Carrollton, Virginia, USA - OCT 27, 2006
I always try to keep some Yuengling in my beer fridge. Great color, very refreshing beer.

lunatic77 (14) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 3, 2007
as one who tends to avoid lagers, i actually quite enjoyed this beer on a recent trip to philly. more substance and flavor than other typical american pale lagers. nice finish.

SWToxaClassico (14) - Nescopeck, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2007
Bottle and Tap: Had gallons of these in my life. Good color, goes down smooth. No alcohol flavor. Good sweet bitterness. Great with barbecued food. Local beer here so it is really cheap. I have not experienced craft beers like others on this site yet, so this is one of my favorites right now.