overall
RATINGS: 2101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

DrinkingbuddyD (129) - Warsaw, New York, USA - AUG 18, 2003
One of the better lagers I've had. Nothing too great though. I'm not a big fan of the style. It is alot easier to drink than many of the other macrobrewed beers.

Dogbrick (14344) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - SEP 17, 2003
This beer is apparently really big in PA/NJ but you don't really see it in my neck of the woods. Clear dark amber with a thin beige ehad that disappears quickly. Very thin lacing. Light hoppy aroma. Light-bodied and crisp with a mildly bitter hops flavor. The finish tells me that this is not a beer you should let sit for a long time before drinking. Overall I'd say "drinkable" about sums this beer up.

bb (9790) - Alamo, California, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Bottle. An amber color with little aroma. It's deinately better than your standard American lager, with more of a malt presence. Easy to drink.

heemer77 (5361) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Had this in Philly. Better than most macros. Actually has some hops and barley flavor. A dark gold color.

Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2004
Amber color, crystal clear small head. Nose is weakly malty, body is thin flavor is boring.

MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - FEB 29, 2004
Not sure what the fuss is. Clean malty aroma of nothing special. Watery malty beer that is rather boring and of little character. For my money I'd have a Bass or a SA.

OlJuntan64 (1264) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - APR 28, 2004
On Tap. Pours a medium amber clear with a small short lasting white head. Faint vaguely metallic thin malty aroma. Thin candy cola like malt flavours. Minimal hop character. Medium sweet rapidly diminishing finish. Despite all this it’s reasonably good for a Pale Lager.

SDbruboy (1863) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 29, 2004
On draft at cafe in the Florida keys. Amber lager with a small off-white head that diminished completely leaving a smooth flat surface and no lacing. Definite hoppy aroma, tart, crisp and hoppy flavor. This was pretty good cold, then seemed to grow more soapy and foul as the beer warmed. It’s possible that I got a bad pour from an old keg or one that had fouled lines, but this one left me unimpressed.

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - JUL 24, 2004
I really wanted this beer to be interesting because of its history and because it was #200 for me, but it just wasn’t :-( Watery and slightly sweet... pretty average in just about every way.

snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - SEP 30, 2004
I picked this up on a trip to the east coast as a curiosity mostly, and was pleasantly surprised. As far as American mass produced lagers go, I can’t think of a better one. However, that does make it the cream floating on top of a pretty rancid pint of milk.