overall
RATINGS: 2082   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AskForJenny's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
AskForJenny (1086) - Ontario, New York, USA - AUG 24, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2012 Tap at The Coach - Some lace, copper color. Decent low end, I can see why it scores the way it does.

tcwill (1) - North Haven, Connecticut, USA - OCT 10, 2017 does not count
This is my favorite beer. I want my beer to have a strong aroma. Most beers have no aroma, but when I open a Yuengling Traditional Lager I say "ahhhhh" before I ever take a sip. The aroma is strong and beautiful. The taste is smooth and not light and not heavy, I can drink almost any beer when eating, but not when drinking alone. But for this Yuengling Lager I just love pouring a glass and enjoy just the pleasure of drinking alone! This is not an average beer for me. This one is my favorite and so I wanted to write my first and only review to support it and counterweigh some of the reviews that think this is not a special beer. I can't believe people would want to drink a beer that did not have the great strong beer aroma of a true beer.

gripweed57 (2796) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - SEP 28, 2017
From old tasting notes. Clear, deep amber gold color with a light beige head. Earthy, toasted malt nose. Zesty sour hop flavor upfront. some dryness in the middle but the carbonation dominates the palate. Bitter finish and aftertaste. Good flavor but too gassy.

snider75 (5) - - SEP 18, 2017 does not count
The bottle is green and they use a very pretty font. It is Americas oldest brewery in Pottsville, PA so that's pretty cool. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Aaqa (6) - - SEP 17, 2017 does not count
Excelente sabor,aroma, muy buen gusto la mejor que he probado. La recomiendo, difícil de mejorar ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

VsXsV (4528) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - AUG 31, 2017
Draught. Clear amber liquid with medium off-white head. Aroma of grain, bread, caramel, earth and light cardboard. Taste is very light sweet and very light bitter with notes of grain, caramel and cardboard. Light to medium bodied with medium carbonation. Mediocre.

ChadPolenz (1847) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - AUG 25, 2017
DOC: 7/24/17

2015 BJCP Category: 2B International Amber Lager

AROMA: More noticeable malt presence than pale adjunct lagers, with hint of caramel sweetness or nutty character. Corn is quite evident, but not overly sweet or cereal-like. The faintest presence of spicy/earthy hops. Clean fermentation profile. 9/12

APPEARANCE: Beautiful copper/reddish color (8-12 SRM). Clear body. Fairly large white fluffy foam retains and laces well. 3/3

FLAVOR: Fairly simply palette with generic base malt dominating. A noticeable sweetness from specialty malt, but not a sweet beer per se. Corn tastes authentic and complements palette. Not sweet, but not gritty or oily either. Minor spicy/earthy hop flavor and low bitterness. Clean fermentation. Slight malty aftertaste. 16/20

MOUTHFEEL: Medium-light body; medium-high carbonation. Smooth, comfortable, refreshing and quaffable. Easily sessionable at 4.4% ABV. 4/5

OVERALL IMPRESSION: More to it than the average adjunct lager and a good example of the style. 8/10

TOTAL SCORE: 40/50

Grumbo (3764) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - AUG 22, 2017
Bottle, on British Virgin Islands. Backlog entry. Entering my historic scores for US beers whilst visiting New York. No tasting notes kept, just rating.

1.4
savant4385 (1) - Louisiana, USA - AUG 18, 2017 does not count
Drinking this on occasion is nice, but once you get tired of it, the sight of it alone will make you physically ill. I feel it’s cheaply brewed. It finally came to Louisiana and I haven’t drank it in awhile. Now if I drink or even look at one, I get sick.

michaelrlandis (1) - - AUG 13, 2017 does not count
Inexpensive beer with a light flavor. Not very hoppy. Smooth texture. Nice Pennsylvania brewery. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TNPROK (1) - - AUG 11, 2017 does not count
A great local Pennsylvania lager. I've visited the brewery and taken the tour. Very traditional and if you've ever indeed in Pennsylvania you love Yeungling. Good tasting, no bitter aftertaste, refreshing, and not made like the mass produced lagers. A great go to lager ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone