overall
Brewed by Yukon Brewing Company
Style: Fruit Beer
Whitehorse, Canada
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 47   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Deadman Creek is an unusual name, we know! Of course, cranberries in beer is a little odd too and being different is what we’re really all about. With an explosion of lime lagers now out on the market, the big boys have proved what we’ve been saying all along “flavour is good!” We take an already damn fine wheat ale and add cranberries during fermentation. Then, with lots of tangy yeast flavour interacting with the tart cranberries we choose to leave it unfiltered and then put it in bottles or kegs for your enjoyment. We decided early in the year that such a unique beer deserved some cool packaging so we tracked down former Yukoner turned Northern BC’er Meghan Hildebrand to create  the stunning piece featured above. To our surprise Meghan told us this was her favorite beer and she was pumped about the name we had picked. Deadman Creek, an actual creek found in the remote backcountry of the Yukon is an ode to the crazy spirits that built the north and were adventurous enough to settle this frontier. So Deadman Creek, Cranberry Wheat is hitting the shelves now and we suggest you grab a Deadman!

Lady_Bastet (113) - Burlington, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 1, 2010
From bottle bought in Whitehorse. Poured dark amber with a creamy, off white head. Nice aroma of cranberry. Nice lacing too..very refreshing with no discernible maltiness OR hoppiness to me...very very smoothe with a subtle finish..not bitter. Smooth all around. If you want a beer with a strong character, this is not it. Having said that it definitely is quaffable and good for a summer brew especially.

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - JUL 17, 2005
Pours with a medium head, the first thing that you note is how cloudy the light copper beer is. The taste is tart, the cranberries are not added for fruit taste, just for tartness, and it is successful. This is my favorite from the Yukon Brewing Company. Very fresh, and something that would be great on a warm summer day.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - SEP 7, 2014
I had several samples at the brewery. The appearance was a nice slightly hazy golden color that didn’t have any head or lacing. The smell had a faint combined cranberry and wheat with no expected grainy kick that I sometimes get in these types of beers. The taste was pretty much the same. On the palate, this one sat fairly light and sessionable. There’s no kick from the wheat or tang from the cranberry. Overall, I would say this would be a solid Summer choice for the hotter days but since I don’t live in the Yukon I don’t know how hot it gets there on the hotter days. Still, very worthy of coming back to.

bulldogops (2507) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 2, 2009
Bottle. 4.7% 3rd in the Yukon taster pack. Pours a cloudy orange with a decent white bubbly head that fades quickly to a ring. Has that wit/hefe kinda feel going in. Aroma is sweet (quite yeasty, cranberries). Taste is grainy, with a hint of cranberry on the tongue as well as a yeasty, creamy mouthfeel. Finish is quite crisp, and extremely refreshing. Even drinking this out of season, I’m impressed. Will bring in a sixer of these for the patio season next year.

blankboy (7699) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 1, 2012
Bottle [341ml]. Pours a cloudy pinkish-orange with a small lasting frothy off-white head. Aroma of wheat, grain, light berry sweetness and yeast. Flavour of wheat, grain, a hint of tart berries and some slight sweetness. Light to average bodied. Pretty good, not too sweet or artificial, a decent Wheat beer. -- Rated via Beer Buddy.

VertBaconStrips (2389) - Blerkablerka, VENEZUELA - JUN 6, 2009
Wheaty good! Cloudy dull orange with a small white cap on the pour and no cap to speak of a couple of minutes later. Zero lacing. Aroma is faint, but the wheat and sour berries are mixed together equally. A chemically odour hides in the background. It’s nice to get a beer with aroma that is soft once and awhile. Taste is pretty good, except I’m not sold on the sourness - not that it’s bad. Soft wheat and yeast start you off while the sour cranberries finish. Good or bad, depending on your sour tolerance. I like it cause it’s different, but I don’t love it. It’s medium bodied with a very long sour yeasty finish. Fairly smooth with ample carbonation. Very tart and dry aftertaste. There is a collection of yeast that has gathered at the bottom of my glass that has a one way ticket to my stomach. Lots of sour - man, this aftertaste just doesn’t go away!

RobBestwick (932) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 17, 2010
Bottled sample. Light and fruity aroma. Slightly cloudy bronze colour with a small white head. Reasonable levels of carbonation. Tart flavour nicely balancing the wheat and cranberry flavours. Sharp bitter finish.

TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 21, 2011
Cran and wheat yeast come in the nose. Lots of head on the pint, some lacing, this one is pretty hazy. Golden reddish. Yeast is very big in he flavour, some cran sweetens it and the wheat clears it up and leaves your mpuh clean. Pretty nice addition to the wheat flavour.

reebtogi (6277) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 5, 2012
341ml bottle pours a cloudy pinkish golden color with a small white head and very little lacing. Aroma is light cranberries and some wheat with a touch of yeast. Taste is light cranberry fruitiness with some yeast and light hoppy bitterness and a dry tart finish. Light in body and carbonation. A refreshing easy to drink ale.

Lenusik (119) - Illinois, USA - JUN 24, 2013
First of all, cranberries don’t thrill me. I’ll not be working for Ocean Spray anytime soon. This beer pours a hazy golden orange with almost no head. Aroma is malt and cranberries - and nothing else. The flavour had a weak tartness to it that can be attributed to the cranberries, but otherwise was a refreshing drinkable brew.