overall
RATINGS: 329   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A full-bodied, smooth beer with an exceptionally clean finish.
American Style Bock Beer that is ONLY available in Texas!

VTHopHead (1511) - Seymour, Tennessee, USA - OCT 30, 2004
Bottle - Pours a reddish brown with a bright white head that dissapates quickly. Aroma is classic American "poor beer" with only a slight hint of hops. Flavor is not a lot differnet from good ol Bud, but it is a bit sweeter. Finish is slightly bitter and kinda skunky. A bit more full bodied than most AB beer. Not much better than Bud...

cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - OCT 25, 2004
I suppose were I offered this or Shiner, I would pick Shiner if I wanted to hold true to the original light brown haff ass brew, or I would pick this one were I interested in a VERY SLIGHTLY better taste.

Kevin (2199) - Montana, USA - OCT 4, 2004
bottle. pours a red tinted brown with a fat white head tha does not stay around to say"Hi", to company. aroma is muted, slight malt smell that is a bit sour. a touch of honey to this one, overall taste is bland, I don’t know how much corn was used, but it is apparenty in the flavor. I can appreciate a few adjuncts here and there, but this is not a good use. finish leaves a hollow flavor that allowed me to realize the hop presence of this brew. but it is still just an inoffensive weak brew.

TheFnTexan (14) - Texas, USA - OCT 4, 2004
A wonderful bock that I am glad I have access to. It’s particularly good served in the coldest mug you can find. Goes down smoothly with the faintest hint of malt. Very pleased with this beer.

Imbockinsxtx (82) - Big Bend (Benavides, TX), Texas, USA - AUG 25, 2004
Pours a reddish brownish dark colour with a nice white/yellowish head which starts to dissipate quickly. The Aroma is just fizzy with some rice mash and maybe a little malt. The Flavour has some hints of Roasty Malts, Cinnamon, and candy but just minimally. The mouthfeel is still kinda watery but retains some flavour as compared to other Macros. Overall not a bad pickup when nothing else is available.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Pours dark amber...smells chemical and malty...much nuttier and sweeter than Shiner...aweful beer...

1.3
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 10, 2004
Draught. Ohmygod. A-B has sunk as low as you can go. The ONLY reason to reproduce a truly sucky taste such as Shiner bock is that you want to cut in on their market. The odd thing is that it is such a good clone that it is hard to tell which is worse. Pours a fizzy white head, and dark brown see through appearance. Aroma is cheap flavored roastiness with no real quality. Flavor is thin, watery, and in addition to not being bock like, is downright bad. Finish is hopless and bad.

DocLock (10652) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Thanks to my neighbor for this one. Definitely a Shiner bock clone, and while Shiner bock didn;t knock me out, this one comes close.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2004
I went to texas to get some of this....... and this is what i got: 1 ’thirter’ 1 ’twenty-fourther’,and 1 sixer. I like it

LagerLove (65) - Clinton, Missouri, USA - JUN 28, 2004
I really actually enjoyed this beer, i wasnt sure what to expect, but not to bad