overall
RATINGS: 323   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A full-bodied, smooth beer with an exceptionally clean finish.
American Style Bock Beer that is ONLY available in Texas!

AustinGuitar (14) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2002
Very good. Lager-smooth with the flavor of a bock. I would not call this beer full-bodied or 'rich,' look for a darker beer for that. This beer delivers what you would expect of an amber beer.

budguy2142 (24) - USA - JAN 31, 2002
Nearly impossible to get unless you are in TX or work for AB. I was able to score a case of this and I was not at all disappointed.

GiddyBoy (121) - USA - JAN 27, 2002
(bottle) I think this is a TX only beer from what I have heard. It was OK, with a slight bite. To me it was almost a twin of Shiner, to which I am not fond of. Every once in awhile though, it was a touch better than Shiner.

Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2001
I'm a die-hard Shiner fan, but this is a pretty good beer. I little milder than I had expected. Goes down smooth. Nice dark amber color with good head and mild lacing. I still prefer Shiner.

BockMan99 (20) - lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 21, 2001
Best beer Anheuser makes hands down!!..................................

AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - NOV 18, 2001
Yep, what everyone else said. Obviously trying to take from the Shiner market, they've even got lots of radio ads that are pretty directly slamming Shiner and calling it weak. I think SHiner is a little better, but this is quite drinkable too.

frogfan99 (10) - Ft Worth, Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2001
Right there with Shiner Bock in my book. Who needs all those imports when you have both of these.

prpplague (247) - Euless, Texas, USA - AUG 9, 2001
unusual combination of the light taste of a lager but with a hint of heavier dark ales

ziegytexas99 (1) - Itasca, Texas, USA - JUN 12, 2001 does not count
I enjoy the rich taste of this particular Texas bock........................

Oakes (18756) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 25, 2000
A-B's answer to Shiner Bock, but let's face it - every bar in Texas serves beer so damn cold it has ice crystals on top, so who cares what you're drinking. You won't taste it anyway.