overall
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Hurbanovo, Slovak Republic

RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%

xvulic (5) - CROATIA - MAY 29, 2006 does not count
Slovak dark beer with mild bitterness and a caramel taste. A little bit too sweet but I like it.

dreamloomer (66) - Warsaw, POLAND - JUL 29, 2009
Very dark red with a beige head. Strong fruity and roasty aroma. Roasty notes and surprising maltiness in flavour, a strong, roasty bitterness.

Mads Langtved (2243) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAR 28, 2005
Black. Small head. Sweet and malty. A great beer with perfect balance. Nice bitter sweet finish. Toffee notes all over!

ogivlado (7839) - Zagreb, CROATIA - AUG 3, 2005
Bottled(500ml). -dark amber coloured with airy brown head, chocolate and caramel taste with toffee notes, dry finish, little bit too sweet but overall quite nice brew

ha1ag (906) - Maastricht, NETHERLANDS - JUN 18, 2009
Bottled from a supermarket in Velky Meder. Very dark brown head, tan head, roasted malt and sweet nose. Roasted malts and hops come first in aroma, followed by sweet and gently roasted malt and chocolate in flavour. A bit watery, I think mine just suffered too much y being shaken in the car for hours. Flat bitter mouthfeel with sweetened taste. Very very nice.

TBone (17549) - Pori, FINLAND - JUN 19, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2004 Bottled (ABV 4.0%, BB 12/2004)
Dark ruby, small tanned head. Lots of carbonation. Mild roasted and hoppy aroma. Sweet, roasted, dark chocolaty flavor. Carbonated mouthfeel. Some bitterness mixed with sweetness in aftertaste. Excellent dunkel. (5/4/7/3/14 3.3)
Re-rated, bottled, alc. 4.0% (BB 07/2005)
Dark ruby with small tanned head. Sweet toffee, roasted aroma. Roasted coffee, hoppy flavor, medium-bodied. Tasty. (6/4/7/4/15 3.6)

misko (10) - Woodbridge, Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2007
Reminds me of many Porters. It’s sweet, and has a nice finish. I’d keep this in my fridge if I could get it.

coldbrewky (1730) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - JUN 17, 2007
Great on the train with some cheese and dark bread. My cousins thought that I was crazy going shopping for beers the day before we left Bratislava but I was not about to pay train prices for drinks on a 5.5 hour train jaunt. Glad I grabbed four of these. For a darker brew this one still had that lighter body. Maybe I am refering to this due to the fact that I have been drinking my share of impy stouts in the last weeks.

Quinten (1062) - zaandam, NETHERLANDS - AUG 14, 2006
Black but under a lamb dark ruby red color, thin sticky head,Roastmalty taste, sweet, caramelly with some coffee notes. Bitter, . Creamy mouthfeel, though a bit lightbodied. Decent one

KyotoLefty (10264) - Kyoto, JAPAN - MAR 22, 2010
Bottle, bought and drank in Kosice. Very dark brown color with a nice, lasting head. Good roasted aroma, malt-centered but quite dry. Roasted malt flavor, a bit sweet, but mostly dry, with ok hops. Richer than average. Dry hop and roasted malt finish. Very good.