overall
Brewed by Żywiec (Żywiec Group/Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Żywiec, Poland

RATINGS: 1325   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Filtered
Jasne Pelne signifies "full pale lager".

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 1, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 26, 2007 There may be nothing much to write home about with this beer, but I find it to be one of the most perennially drinkable lagers. The entire presentation of this Polish piwo from the labeling right down to the final delectable swallow is more than a sum of its parts. Zywiec is a very well-balanced summer beer with a slight diacitol astringiency that you will either love or detest. I just happen to love it. Totally!

1.3
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 16, 2007
This beer came highly recommended from a friend...I can’t understand why! Pours a pale yellow. Minimal head, medium body, medium carbonation, skunky smell...wait a second...did I just pay $2.40 for a bottle of Moosehead?

AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - FEB 13, 2007
Pretty cheap tasting lager here. Sweet straw flavor and aroma, but just nothing good about it. Wouldn’t order it again.

bb (9790) - Alamo, California, USA - FEB 12, 2007
Bottle. Golden beer with a thin white head. Low malt aroma. Grainy taste with some earthiness. Clean finish - just a bit of graininess. Blah.

pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2007
I honestly don’t know what possessed me, but here the beer is now in my possession, and so I rate it! Pale yellow, with no discernible difference from most any other european pale lager. Little head. The nose is very skunky. But there’s a corny sort of bit and some light hops that just doesn’t smell like it would’ve been great without the skunk. The body is creamy and yet refreshing, as a lager should be. The flavor profile is average. Creamy, a bit skunky, adjunct is obvious, but there’s some actual hops in here. Refreshing. I will never do this to myself again, I don’t know what I was honestly thinking

detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Pours a clear gold, with lots of carbonation and a thick fluffy head. The head dies back after a minute or so to a film and a ring. Very sparse lacing. Mild, lightly skunky aroma. A little bit hoppier than I would expect. Smooth mild dry grain and just a bit of sweet malt. Soft but prickly carbonation. Some more of that hop bitterness in the aftertaste - dry and floral. Overall pretty tasty for a milder beer, but I remember liking this one a lot more a year or two ago. Did my taste change, or did the beer?

Stopherbomber (111) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 10, 2007
a fairly standard sort of lager. easy to drink though and easily available in london. tastes good cold.

altonbrownd (5897) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - FEB 2, 2007
Bottle at Porterhouse, Dublin. Yellow-colored. Weak. Not much flavour. Prickly mouthfeel. Boring.

BigBeer45 (1586) - Michigan, USA - FEB 1, 2007
UPDATED: APR 21, 2009 Bottle, pours light to medium gold (more gold then most micros I’ve had) with some foam, aroma of bread, pilsner malt, light malt taste, little hop bite, this beer is past the due date, has an off-taste, not a lot though, do not know if it is because it is past its due date, thin to medium mouthfeel.

Bov (13354) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - FEB 1, 2007
canned; courtesy of Laurent Mousson - clear and pale golden colour, almost no foam; decent aromatic hoppiness; some notes of paper; medium malt body; a fait bitterness before a malty aromatic finish - a solid lager