overall
Brewed by Żywiec (Żywiec Group/Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Żywiec, Poland

RATINGS: 1310   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.47/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Filtered
Jasne Pelne signifies "full pale lager".

Skidds (252) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 31, 2006
I have a friend who claims this is his favourite beer. Obviously he’s new to drinking beer, but I have to say this stuff isn’t bad at all. It really has a Pilsener taste to me which I quite like. Malts dominate the flavour and aroma. Quite a well balanced beer overall though. I’d gladly have this one again.

rmalloy (199) - los angeles, California, USA - OCT 25, 2006
This beer isn’t bad at all. I’m not sure why it’s being trashed on ratebeer. One of the better lagers I’ve had. More malt flavors than most lagers.

markas101 (2451) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - OCT 20, 2006
50cl bottle, Winnipeg. Pale golden colour, think foamy head. Light carbonation, allows sweet malty flavour to come through. Very nice beer for this style.

KnutAlbert (6754) - Oslo, NORWAY - OCT 11, 2006
Pale color. Full malty taste, short finish with some bitterness. All right, nothing more.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - OCT 6, 2006
Pours pale golden w/ shallow spritzy froth. Aroma is slightly malty. Medium nectar w/ ample residual effers. Flavors are bright, crisp, refreshing, and slightly fruity. Finish has a crisp bittering. This brew is under-rated. I highly recommend this for the Pilsener genre.

daniel0017 (449) - Yukon, CANADA - OCT 1, 2006
Overall, very disapointing beer... Tastes like the water used to boil corn-on-the-cob with the aroma of urine only it’s alcoholized. You might not want to take my word for it, maybe it’s only me. I was introduced to this beer by my polish neighbour who swears by this beverage. I don’t like it. I’ll drink it in his presence and pretend to like it but in this forum, for the sake of frankness, I have to admit it is a complete hit and miss.

TheEpeeist (3709) - Media, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 6, 2006
16.9 oz bottle. Clear yellow with barely a head. Corn, grass and some lemon. Taste is sweet with metallic corn and a bit of lime. Sour cardboard. Thin with foamy carb.

zebracakes (1339) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 31, 2006
Bottle. Pours clear gold. white head. Aroma is malt and alcohol. Flavor is malt and corn.

SSSteve (4006) - - AUG 30, 2006
gold. small white head. grainy honey aroma. a very smooth lager. moderately sweet and malty. softer carbonation than a pale but not much of a hop presence. o.k. cool beer thermometer.

kseecs16 (1216) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 25, 2006
Bottle. Poured a clear golden with minimal off-white head. Not much aroma, a little sweet barley malt. Taste was minimal, sort of stale up front with a metalliccy hop bite just barely perceptible at the conclusion. Thin and watery with a little carbonation tingle to it.