Flying Saucer Raleigh 12th Anniversary Party
Flying Saucer Draught Emporium will celebrate its 12th anniversary with a beer lover’s perfect party, featuring a dozen incredibly exclusive, one-of-a-kind bourbon barrel-aged beers from breweries across the country, on Saturday, March 3 from noon to 11 p.m. at its 328 West Morgan St. location.
To commemorate its birthday, Flying Saucer will be tapping 12 distinctly rare beers, found nowhere else in the world, throughout the day. Kentucky-based Heaven Hill Distillery helped the Saucer procure a dozen of their bourbon barrels for this extraordinary event. These barrels were then sent to some of the nation’s best craft beer breweries, where they were filled with one of their select beers and aged. The lineup of breweries involved in this rare event includes:
• Big Boss Brewing Co., Raleigh, N.C.
• Lonerider Brewing Co., Raleigh, N.C.
• Foothills Brewing Co., Winston-Salem, N.C.
• The Duck Rabbit Craft Brewery, Farmville, N.C.
• Terrapin Beer Co., Athens, Ga.
• Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif.
• Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, Fla.
• Ska Brewing Co., Durango, Colo.
• Southern Tier Brewing Co., Lakewood, N.Y.
• Breckenridge Brewery, Denver, Colo.
• Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, Colo.
• Uinta Brewing Co., Salt Lake City, Utah
Beginning at noon, the Saucer will tap one of the 12 barrels each hour, on the hour, until the final tapping at 11 p.m. At the 30-minute mark before each tapping, they will randomly select the next beer to be tapped and announce the surprise selection to bar patrons, at the bar itself, on their Twitter account (@FlyingSaucerRal) and via their website. As a special treat to all of the beer loving guests, the Saucer will raffle off the actual bourbon barrels from the festivities, with a different winner being selected every hour.
Admission is free, but guests are encouraged to arrive early in order to sample all of the beers being offered at the anniversary party throughout the day. For more information about the event, please call (919) 821-7401 or visit http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/raleigh.Cost:
ContactJeff Mickel [email protected] 9198217401
|No comments added yet|