Big Beer Series #1- High Gravity Tasting
Big Beer Series – Craft Beer Festival
The Big Beer Series are monthly tasting events culminating with Growler & Gill’s Lower Hudson Valley Craft Beer Festival on June 1. The series of events are as follows:
1. High Gravity Night Sat 3/23 3-6 PM – All tasting beers 10+% ABV
2. Exotic Beer Tasting Sat 4/20 3-6 PM – Foreign and Imported Beers
3. Barrel Aged Beer Tasting Sat 5/11 3-6 PM – Beers aged on oak, wiskey and Bourban barrels
4. Lower Hudson Valley Craft Beer Festival Sat 6/1 3-7 PM – 30+ breweries, live music, food and fun all at Growler & Gill.
The Big Beer Series kicks off on Sat March 23 3 – 6 PM with a High Gravity tasting:
Come out and enjoy some of the biggest beers available. All beers poured at this tasting are over 10 % ABV. Here’s what the brewers have to say about their beers:
1. Stone Double Bastard-American Strong Ale-11.2%
“This is one lacerative muther of an ale. It is unequivocally certain that your feeble palate is grossly inadequate and thus undeserving of this liquid glory…and those around you would have little desire to listen to your resultant whimpering”.
2. Weyerbacher Quad-Belgian Style Quad-11.8%
Big and delicious, QUAD is an elegant dark ale. Rich with complexity and flavor, try savoring it with a fine dinner. You also might enjoy it as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to a dessert, but QUAD stands alone quite well. We recommend enjoying QUAD in a brandy snifter or wineglass so you can drink in the aroma of this fine ale.
3. New Holland Dragon’s Milk Stout aged on Heaven Hill Bourbon Barrels-10%
Dragon’s Milk, is a crown jewel of New Holland Brewing Company. It is the unrivaled result of painstaking processes – both creative and scientific. We could tell you about the centuries-old tradition of the term, Dragon’s Milk, or we could tell you about the history, craftsmanship and challenges of what’s important, the beer inside this bottle.
Roasty malt character intermingled with deep vanilla tones, all dancing in an oak bath. Pairings: red meat, smoked foods, balsamic, rich cheese & dark chocolate.
4. Perennial Artisan Experimental Double IPA-Brewhouse small batch experimental Double IPA-10.5%———
Inaugural Year experimental IPA- IPA #4 has been put on draft in the tasting room. This IPA is a 10.5% Imperial IPA that has huge citrus notes as well as a nice malty backbone, making it an ideal IPA as we are coming into the cold months..
5. Keegan Ales Superkitty Barleywine- with honey and oak chips-12%
The single most requested special brew in our roster is back! Super Kitty is on tap now! This american barleywine consists of a rich flavor, putting on display the smooth sweetness from local honey harvested from our own roof! Keeping with the style, this barleywine is aged and oaked in our secondary fermenters, giving you a complex array of flavor and aroma, coming together to create this delicious brew.Cost:
ContactMike Fitzgerald [email protected] 8455070899
|No comments added yet|