Flying Dog & Churchkey Present… The East Coast Hop Project Panel
Join ChurchKey on Monday, April 23rd as we celebrate the release of Flying Dog’s East Coast Hop Project. On this night, we’ll pour 10 specialty drafts from the Frederick, MD brewery, and host a panel on sustainable hop production on the East Coast.
The East Coast Hop Project is a program lead by Flying Dog, in partnership with the University of Maryland - College Park, aimed at the research and development of sustainable hop production on the East Coast. As part of this program, Flying Dog works closely with local farms to create beers with the regionally viable hops that each farm produces.
Beginning at 5:30 PM, ChurchKey will host a public panel headlined by Flying Dog Brewmaster, Ben Clark, and Bryan Butler Sr. head of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resource at the University of Maryland - College Park. The panel will discuss the mission of the East Coast Hop Project, the differences in East Coast vs. West Coast hops, and the future of hop growing in the US.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Flying Dog beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. pours. The East Coast Hop Project panel begins at 5:30 pm and is free and open to the public. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
THE OFFICIAL EAST COAST HOP PROJECT PANEL DRAFT LIST
- East Coast Hop Project: Black Locust Hop (IPA)
- East Coast Hop Project: Pleasant Valley (Pale Ale)
- East Coast Hop Project: Pedersen Farms (Pale Ale w/ Rye)
- Alpha Initiative Pilot #02 (IPA)
- The Truth (Imperial IPA)
- Red Wine Barrel-Aged St.Eadman (Red Wine BA Belgian Dark Ale)
- Whiskey Barrel-Aged Gonzo (Whiskey BA Imperial Porter)
- Black Currant Gose (Gose w/ Black Currant)
- Cease & Desist (Schwarzbier)
- Tropical Bitch (Belgian IPA w/ Orange & Pineapple)
No admission feehttp://churchkeydc.com/events/
ContactChris Kott [email protected] 2025672576
|No comments added yet|