Where better to be happy and enjoy RBSG 2008 than the great state of Pennsylvania!
To take advantage of some of the more prized breweries & brewpubs that the Philly area has to offer, RBSG 2008 will take place in the nearby suburb of King of Prussia over the weekend of August 8-10, 2008.
• The festivities will commence Friday night at 7:00pm with the Grand Tasting at the hotel.
• Beginning at approximately 11:00am Saturday morning, tour buses will depart the hotel for an afternoon FULL of intoxicating libations at some of the area’s best beer destinations. Stops to include:
o Iron Hill
o Sly Fox (appetizers will be provided for us)
o McKenzie’s Brew House
o Victory (will do a tour)
• Saturday night will be a “Best of PA” keg night where many Pennsylvania breweries & brewpubs will be donating (or significantly discounting) some brews for our very worthy cause!
• Venue and contributors list is TBD for now
• Sunday is open, but several possibilities exist depending on interest:
o Tour Historic Philadelphia
o Go see the defending NL East Division Champion Philadelphia Phillies
• The Sleep Inn will also be the site of the Grand Tasting
• $89/night for the hotel.
• $20/person for the buses for the brewery/brewpub tour (approximate cost)
• $15/person for the Grand Tasting (covers cost of event space and allowance for food)
• $15/person for the “Best of PA” keg night (covers cost of event space and allowance for food)
<U>Local Ratebeer Crew</u>:
• We have a very active bunch of folks from the Philly area (5 users with over 3000 ratings; 6 users with over 1000 ratings), which also includes our brethren from the rest of PA, nearby New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
• Everyone is poised to make RBSG 2008 one for the ages!