55% ABV: BrewDog The End of History

Reads 32786 • Replies 213 • Started Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:48:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37595 º places 457 º 10:18 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by Gazza
So we lose a commonly available, cheap, classic beer - Chaos Theory - and get 12 bottles of £500 attention seeking spirits.

I’m so glad I didn’t give them any of my investment money - and I was tempted at one point!

yeah lets start a campain for Chaos theory. Im down to my last bottle.
It one of there best

haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 10:19 Fri 7/23/2010

It’s not beer, it’s art

darkguardian
beers 736 º places 2 º 11:13 Fri 7/23/2010

I want them to brew more How to Disappear Completely. That beer kicked ass.

cgarvieuk
beers 37595 º places 457 º 11:14 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by darkguardian
I want them to brew more How to Disappear Completely. That beer kicked ass.

if your going LowAlc . fight for the Edge

JamesBrewDog
13:05 Fri 7/23/2010

Chaos Theory will be back very soon.

However in a slightly different format.

James, BrewDog

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 13:07 Fri 7/23/2010

Did anyone else hear the words "infused with mead" in the video? Just wandering how much that added to the total ABV.
By the way, is this creature 50 or 55%

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 13:17 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by JamesBrewDog

James, BrewDog

James, do you know why the thread about "The End" disappeared at beerAdvocate wednesday?

errantnight
13:39 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by evergreen0199
I really don’t understand Brewdog. I don’t mind them experimenting with beer and brewing something strong like this but to put the bottled beer into a stuffed animal is totally unacceptable IMO. I guess that they are trying to get attention with this marketing gimmick. It really doesn’t matter how good the beer is, at £500 per bottle they will not be selling many bottles.

Well the sold all 11 bottle. But in some way this stunt (while im hoping to try it) kind of puts them in the same catagory as In Bev and the likes. It not about the product its about the marketing.

no ones tasted it. but they have sold then all. It could be terrible (i almost certainly wont be, but it could be) and what difference would it make only a small amount of people would know.

What annoys me, is it prices their many fans out of the market.
There a lot of beer lovers who have put money into brewdog because they like ther products and belive they can go on making many great beers, and here something that theyre producing that those many people them are never going to get to try.

What on earth is so terrible about there being things that you can’t have?

errantnight
13:48 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by Papsoe

James, BrewDog

James, do you know why the thread about "The End" disappeared at beerAdvocate wednesday?

The Bros deleted the initial thread after news about it was pulled from online, as they were unsure if it was a hoax or not.

If you were to revisit BA, you might notice the ponderous, nigh 400 post thread discussing the same topic.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 13:57 Fri 7/23/2010

Originally posted by errantnight
Originally posted by Papsoe

James, BrewDog

The Bros deleted the initial thread after news about it was pulled from online, as they were unsure if it was a hoax or not.

If you were to revisit BA, you might notice the ponderous, nigh 400 post thread discussing the same topic.

Derek, thanks for the info. But no, I never visit BA.
As an editor, I simply don’t understand why the management of BA would pull that thread by their own initiative. Even if the whole thing was a hoax it still was a good/fun story to discuss. If nothing else BrewDogs extreme capacity in viral marketing.