Akron ohio area

Reads 454 • Replies 6 • Started Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:09:44 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

time4lunch
places 1 º 08:09 Wed 8/22/2012

Anybody out there have any nice spots to stock up on beers from the area? Thanks

LeopoldStoch
beers 201 º places 1 º 08:12 Wed 8/22/2012

West Point Market, Hoppin Frog brewery, Any Acme Grocery Store, Primos Deli to name a few

jmikolich
beers 1486 º places 112 º 08:14 Wed 8/22/2012

Hoppin Frog themselves if you are around during their retail sales hours. I know they had BA Sweet Naked Evil not long ago. Thirsty Dog is in the Akron area too. 69 taps isnt horrible, or you could go to Kent and hit Ray’s place and 101 bottles.

To me, depending how much time you have, I’d be heading south to Boardman and going to Vintage Estates, or heading north to actual Cleveland area (about an hour 20min drive) and going to Lizardville, Fat Heads, Brew Kettle, Great Lakes (if you want West Side) or Chuck’s Fine Wine, Lizardville, Warehouse Bev on the East side.

There is a small shop in Medina that isnt too bad, North Coast Beverage.. had some 3F on shelves and some other Founders, but stock rotates SUPER slow there. Mustard Seed in Fairlawn used to have a much better selection, now they are cut down to only a 4ft chunk of beer and thus not worth a stop.

time4lunch
places 1 º 14:21 Wed 8/22/2012

Thanks alot for the feedback thus far. Looks like ill be puttin the rental car to good use.

liquidcrack
beers 45 º places 15 º 17:44 Thu 8/23/2012

North Coast, Brew kettle for sure, Rozzi’s in Lakewood, Southland Beverage, Heinen’s in Strongsville, heard Chuck’s is good...

pellegjr
beers 396 º places 16 º 18:07 Thu 8/23/2012

If you don’t mind putting some miles on the odometer, you could also hit up Vintage Estate in Boardman about an hour east. (Supposedly) one of the best bottle shops in the country.

fiver29
beers 1112 º places 52 º 19:29 Thu 8/23/2012

Someone recently told me Southland Beverage closed. I haven’t been out there so I’d call first. And there’s no need to go to Vintage Estate when you have Rozi’s and Lizardville. Those would be my go to stops. Rozi’s first and then Lizardville if you can make it.

Vintage is nice, but they sell everything as single bottles with a huge upcharge. They get away with it because they are on the state line where most stores in PA make you buy beer by the case. You can still get any single you want at the other beer stores in the Cleveland area. And they will have everything you are looking for and probably more.