All Cantillon & 3 Fonteinen pulled from Ebay

Reads 53917 • Replies 369 • Started Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:36:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 19:16 Tue 7/31/2012

looks like RB buys a lot more beer from Ebay than BA.

JMerritt
places 72 º 19:20 Tue 7/31/2012

Originally posted by TheWhiteWolf

How do you figure?

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 19:26 Tue 7/31/2012

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by womencantsail
Some people prefer the more behind the scenes, laid back, relationship based atmosphere of RB.

BA is a shit show. Regardless of how diplomatic our admin (and especially joet) are when referencing it - and I commend them for it - the other site is a cesspool chock full of the lowest common denominators. My wife often says ratebeer is like a male soap opera. And in some ways she’s right. But if that’s true, BA is Jerry Springer.

Your constant trash talking of BA is only making you look silly at this point to anyone with a point of reference. You were the typical BA user you seem to detest before you left/got banned there-- posting nonstop lowball "whale" trade threads, even selling your stock of Black Note and then taking it to ebay. Why are you always on here ripping BA? Both sites are cool and stupid in the same ways.

ajcobb24
beers 20 º 19:26 Tue 7/31/2012

Searching the Bay for "cantillon" may just have revealed a listing with a successful workaround to the ban

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 19:32 Tue 7/31/2012

Originally posted by JMerritt
Originally posted by TheWhiteWolf

How do you figure?

General interest/response from both sides.

b3shine
beers 12178 º places 372 º 19:35 Tue 7/31/2012

Originally posted by JAXSON
Your constant trash talking of BA is only making you look silly at this point to anyone with a point of reference. You were the typical BA user you seem to detest before you left/got banned there-- posting nonstop lowball "whale" trade threads, even selling your stock of Black Note and then taking it to ebay. Why are you always on here ripping BA? Both sites are cool and stupid in the same ways.

I left; I didn’t get banned. And I tire of explaining the eBay thing, but I will again, just for you, Champ. I had friends get Black Note for me under the agreement that I would make sure they got $100 for their troubles. I did this early on in my RB/BA career, well before I realized how frowned upon it was. And while I don’t have a problem with it (assuming it’s not on such a large scale that it’s business-like), I gave it up because I value friendship more than money, and I felt like it was costing me the former.

Moreover, I don’t give a flying fuck about you or your opinion. All you do is trade whales, and I don’t know if you’re a trust-fund baby or what, but either way, your opinion is devoid of value to me. Blow me.

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 19:37 Tue 7/31/2012

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by JAXSON

I left; I didn’t get banned. And I tire of explaining the eBay thing, but I will again, just for you, Champ. I had friends get Black Note for me under the agreement that I would make sure they got $100 for their troubles. I did this early on in my RB/BA career, well before I realized how frowned upon it was. And while I don’t have a problem with it (assuming it’s not on such a large scale that it’s business-like), I gave it up because I value friendship more than money, and I felt like it was costing me the former.

Moreover, I don’t give a flying fuck about you or your opinion. All you do is trade whales, and I don’t know if you’re a trust-fund baby or what, but either way, your opinion is devoid of value to me. Blow me.

Haha, trust fund baby. Nice. You’re a clueless noob. I’ve been on this site for 7 years and only recently started trading for things I’ve always wanted to try. Trust me, your opinion means far less than even mine does, though right now I’m pretty low on the list too.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 19:38 Tue 7/31/2012

This thread is gettin chilly!

TooManyBeers
beers 2 º 19:38 Tue 7/31/2012

Guys, this thread can go 100 pages and it won’t change a thing. Put your efforts towards something more productive, like getting a better deal on beer you would otherwise buy from Ebay for a lot more. Geez

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:39 Tue 7/31/2012

I have a feeling it might get a little chilly around here pretty soon...