And the new leader is phaleslu

Reads 701 • Replies 10 • Started Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:14:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 13:14 Tue 7/12/2011

It was inevitable that Peter would take the lead soon. After a lenghty run on top I am #2 in MO & have little chance of #1 again unless Peter moves out of state or starts to think beer is icky.

Cheers to you Peter!

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 18:19 Tue 7/12/2011

Peter! Congrats! I thought John would be there forever but you are a beer rating maniac! Keep rating and, again, congratulations.

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 19:20 Tue 7/12/2011

Way to go Peter!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 09:33 Mon 7/18/2011

Gee whiz, thanks guys.

Without so many different great beer bars and brewpubs that I can easily hit on my bike ride home, I wouldn’t even be close to vyvvy. Craft beer here has exploded and I’ve taken full advantage of it. It’s so nice to be able to stop by and grab a pint (or a sampler or two) at The Tap Room, UCBC, Six Row, Buffalo, Square One, 33, The Bridge, and iTap, among others- with somehow more on the way.

And, as always, if you guys aren’t coming to The Royale on Tuesday nights, you’re missing a really nice mid-week beer drinking and sharing experience.

John, something tells me that with my pending nuptials - 19 days! - I’m about to slow way down.

Cheers!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 09:38 Mon 7/18/2011

Oh, and let the record show vyvvy is still the #1 rater of Missouri beer by a landslide:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Users/TopRatersBeerByState.asp?StateID=25

Such a fine advocate of our state deserves a big .

pinkfloyd4ever
beers 39 º places 6 º 11:13 Mon 7/18/2011

Haha we are such geeks, and I love it!

I really do wish I had the patience/attention span/desire to write the detailed reviews of every beer I have that you 2 (Peter and John) are constantly cranking out.

Peter, the wedding is in Cincy, right? When will we not be seeing you at the Royale?

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 11:23 Mon 7/18/2011

Originally posted by pinkfloyd4ever
Haha we are such geeks, and I love it!

I really do wish I had the patience/attention span/desire to write the detailed reviews of every beer I have that you 2 (Peter and John) are constantly cranking out.

Peter, the wedding is in Cincy, right? When will we not be seeing you at the Royale?

I’ll be missing 3 in a row beginning August 2nd. We leave for Cincinnati that day after work and leave for the honeymoon right after the wedding.

pinkfloyd4ever
beers 39 º places 6 º 13:31 Mon 7/18/2011

I see. So I guess you didn’t decide to postpone the wedding when Craft Beer Week was announced last week?

Weak sauce

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 13:40 Mon 7/18/2011

Originally posted by pinkfloyd4ever
I see. So I guess you didn’t decide to postpone the wedding when Craft Beer Week was announced last week?

Weak sauce

My goal is to stay married for more than a week.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 20:54 Mon 7/18/2011

Originally posted by phaleslu
Oh, and let the record show vyvvy is still the #1 rater of Missouri beer by a landslide:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Users/TopRatersBeerByState.asp?StateID=25

Such a fine advocate of our state deserves a big .

We have a great state that cranks out great beer, so I have to try as many as I can, right?

Since you will be out for a bit maybe I can reclaim the top position for at least a few days. You’re only 10 ahead of me at the moment. I’ll be making a NYC trip late July/early Aug, so I’ll see if I’m able to find any goodie to rate.

Good luck on everything at the wedding.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 12:02 Thu 7/21/2011

Originally posted by vyvvy
We have a great state that cranks out great beer, so I have to try as many as I can, right?

Since you will be out for a bit maybe I can reclaim the top position for at least a few days. You’re only 10 ahead of me at the moment. I’ll be making a NYC trip late July/early Aug, so I’ll see if I’m able to find any goodie to rate.

Good luck on everything at the wedding.

Thanks!

The way STL Craft Beer Week is shaping up, I’ll be missing some legendary events. I’ll try to hit that Six Row Sour Mild release on Monday, 8/1 on my way home from work. That might be it for me. We’re gone on 8/2 until 8/21 or so.