Android - RateBeer

Reads 6953 • Replies 78 • Started Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:58:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 17:22 Tue 4/25/2017

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by erickok
It’ll be a new app, replacing the current one.

Oh man. I fear change. As long as there’s no way I can lose my sizeable backlog of offline ratings, I’ll give it a go.

Offline ratings? Get those online, bud!

You’ll definitely want to keep your old app.

Inbreak
beers 9949 º 09:22 Wed 4/26/2017

Originally posted by joet

Oh man. I fear change. As long as there’s no way I can lose my sizeable backlog of offline ratings, I’ll give it a go.

It’s not really a good idea to upload ratings live on a big beer festival, at least as the alcohol level rises. So offline is a nice thing as well

wheresthepath
beers 3441 º places 279 º 15:32 Wed 4/26/2017

Loved Eric’s app because of the offline rates (so much easier to rate in the same style as on the website & then just press upload later, rahter than the whole copy-and-paste-from-a-notepad faff. Also the ability to store & search your ratings offline was a huge boon when out & about & not sure what you’ve already rated.

Hope the new app still has the ability to rate offline & search your own ratings offline - vital for those of us on pay-as-you-go contracts.

MiP
beers 20004 º places 34 º 13:10 Thu 4/27/2017

Originally posted by wheresthepath
Loved Eric’s app because of the offline rates (so much easier to rate in the same style as on the website & then just press upload later, rahter than the whole copy-and-paste-from-a-notepad faff. Also the ability to store & search your ratings offline was a huge boon when out & about & not sure what you’ve already rated.

+1 - for the old app, that is. The new app never worked well for me.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 13:53 Thu 4/27/2017

Probably still prefered the old app. . But both (erics) worked for me. I love the offline rating efforts.

What i would love more than anything. Is being able to sort offline. On name, date added, svore.. etc. Allowing me to upload offline all festival beers prior to festival and then keep track in those ive not scored (actually rated yet)

theisti
beers 5287 º places 1153 º 14:45 Thu 4/27/2017

For me, the main usage of the app was for locating nearby places. I would love to see this function of the app enhanced similar to the site - filter by place type, as well as display unrated only.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:44 Fri 4/28/2017

Originally posted by joet

Yes. I have A LOT of offline ratings. I’ll have to keep the current/old app for a while.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:47 Fri 4/28/2017

Well poop. I was having a hard time uploading my offline ratings for today, so I did what I always do... logged out and logged back in. The "logged back in" part didn’t happen. I’m getting the same "Incorrect username or password’ message as the OP. Seems like I did the same thing a few days ago, after this thread had already been started. I figured I was safe. Oh dear. Getting these offline ratings transferred to the browser is going to be time-consuming and tedious without the app working for me.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:09 Fri 4/28/2017

Nevermind time-consuming and tedious. It will be impossible to get my offline ratings transferred/uploaded to the website without being able to login to the app. My entire backlog is dead to me. Can’t access those ratings.

Basically, all my ratings since late February, 2016, are inaccessible.

This is why I prefer websites to apps. I thought it was because I was old. It’s not. Websites are better. More features. More redundancy.

I do remain optimistic that I’ll be able to access those ratings somehow.

Am I wrong?

apoi
beers 2 º 18:39 Mon 5/1/2017

The "logged back in" part didn’t happen. I’m getting the same "Incorrect username or password’ message as the OP.

Yeah it’s the same problem as the OP is facing, login is still broken. I’ve been in contact about this so it’s at least a known issue. Fingers crossed it’ll be fixed soon