Anyone harvested their hops yet ?

Reads 487 • Replies 3 • Started Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:26:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Senormac
beers 16 º places 2 º 08:26 Thu 9/10/2015

I’ve been growing Kent Goldings and Willamette hops for about 3 years now and just cut them down a week ago. The thing is.... the weather has been pretty nice and I think I could have let them go a bit more. Anyone else harvested yet ? Wish I could post pictures here

wchesser
beers 2433 º places 44 º 11:12 Thu 9/10/2015

Here in Denver I got my Centennial and Cascade in a couple weeks back. Some of them were starting to get crispy. Bumper crop thanks to lots of early rain this spring.

coldbrewky
beers 1731 º places 82 º 15:18 Thu 9/10/2015

My harvest was atrocious this year. The Chinnook had to be a month early.. on top of that I was forced to harvest a bit prior to their prime due to vacation timing. The Cascade looked good but just didnt produce. Upstate NY was too wet, too soon, for too long this year.

Senormac
beers 16 º places 2 º 19:31 Sun 9/13/2015

Originally posted by wchesser
Here in Denver I got my Centennial and Cascade in a couple weeks back. Some of them were starting to get crispy. Bumper crop thanks to lots of early rain this spring.

I’m in Oregon.... so plenty of hops around, but still, growing your own is just amazing and fun. I asked my homebrew supply guy about getting some rhizomes for citra and he said "forget it". They are owned by somebody ( a company that propagates new varieties ) and there are none available. They own em..... they grow em.... and they sell the cones. Bummer :(

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer