Around Town: Sept/Oct 2012

Reads 9567 • Replies 144 • Started Friday, September 7, 2012 12:11:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Vav
beers 13 º 09:37 Wed 9/19/2012

Revolution Can Launch here at Binny’s LP tonight at 6:30pm. Pouring a sixtel of Rise as well for the hell of it.

TheGuy
beers 653 º places 26 º 14:35 Wed 9/19/2012

Has anybody heard that BCS will have a second release and we will seeing the return of bombers once again, I heard this from a couple of my beer guys.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:37 Wed 9/19/2012

Originally posted by TheGuy
Has anybody heard that BCS will have a second release and we will seeing the return of bombers once again, I heard this from a couple of my beer guys.

I had not heard that. Like, regular BCS? Not just variants?

But the guy above you would probably have the best idea..

For everyone else, A LOT of new beers added today. Consult local tab for all the details.. I’ll try and get the details on the Haymarket ones today.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:39 Wed 9/19/2012

I guess Fresh Hop and Uber are still on at Haymarket too.. though, those are not new beer entries.. though sound quite tasty.

TheGuy
beers 653 º places 26 º 14:39 Wed 9/19/2012

Also I’ve been on the low,but when I was at the Great Taste I talked to one of the brewers at GI and asked him if King Henry would be made again just using regular BCS barrels and he said yes,can anyone verify this..... Thanks

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:46 Wed 9/19/2012

The only rumor I’ve heard that has some truth to it is that the Goose Island calendar that is published for this year lists Wheat Whiskey BCS. This beer has been delayed indefinitely. It might never be released. They are replacing it with Cherry Rye BCS.

That’s all I’ve heard of late, as far as the rest of 2012 and perhaps a bit into 2013.

I think Drew had a version of it with raspberries at the Block Party.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:14 Thu 9/20/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
The only rumor I’ve heard that has some truth to it is that the Goose Island calendar that is published for this year lists Wheat Whiskey BCS. This beer has been delayed indefinitely. It might never be released. They are replacing it with Cherry Rye BCS.

That’s all I’ve heard of late, as far as the rest of 2012 and perhaps a bit into 2013.

I think Drew had a version of it with raspberries at the Block Party.

If I had to guess, the wheat barrels probably had an infection or something. I’d love to see them do a collab with Koval, though. Only problem is that the Koval barrels are a different size from all of the other barrels. To do a full run would be difficult (not to mention that they probably can’t get enough barrels).

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:04 Mon 9/24/2012

Introducing Casimir.. the next entry in the Fulton & Wood series

https://vimeo.com/50082278

ccex
beers 2331 º places 25 º 17:21 Mon 9/24/2012

Revo Cans are making their way out to market it sounds like.

I also think some more "sought after" stuff started to be available at the Tap Room on Kedzie last weekend like Anti-Hero..

I’ve seen six-packs of Revolution Anti-Hero in 3 different stores this last week. It was on tap at the Kedzie brewery’s tap room in August and early September. Both times the bartender told me that the canning line has been "one week away for the last four months". I’m glad to see they finally got it going. Anti-Hero is one of their regular beers (although Ratebeer still calls it seasonal. The Revolution one-off that I’ve tried which I most wish they would bring back is Red Scare.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:00 Tue 9/25/2012

Originally posted by ccex
Revo Cans are making their way out to market it sounds like.

I also think some more "sought after" stuff started to be available at the Tap Room on Kedzie last weekend like Anti-Hero..

I’ve seen six-packs of Revolution Anti-Hero in 3 different stores this last week. It was on tap at the Kedzie brewery’s tap room in August and early September. Both times the bartender told me that the canning line has been "one week away for the last four months". I’m glad to see they finally got it going. Anti-Hero is one of their regular beers (although Ratebeer still calls it seasonal. The Revolution one-off that I’ve tried which I most wish they would bring back is Red Scare.

They actually did rebrew Red Scare again this year. Independent of that, They’ve been bottling a lot of stuff, too. Most recently, A Little Crazy went into bombers as well, which is pretty cool.