Attention: The Answer "Andall" Series

Reads 12258 • Replies 20 • Started Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:36:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1235 º 23:36 Tue 7/18/2017

The Answer Brewpub in Richmond, VA has what they call the "Andall" series. These are randallized beers. The randall process has been confirmed by An. As such, they are unrateable here.

All "Andall" beers we have identified have been marked as such and have been marked as unrateable.

Those that have rated these beers have been messaged. The ratings will remain active for approximately 24 hours, just in case I missed anyone or made a mistake in messaging people their ratings.

No fault to the raters. A vast majority of these ratings came from crowlers. The crowler labels do not indicate they are from the Andall series.

When you are at the brewpub, the Andall beers are listed on a separate section of the beer list (at least the few times I’ve been there). You should DEFINITELY try the Andall beers. They are pretty great. But try to be careful to note which section of the beer list a beer is on when you are picking up crowlers.

Thanks!

blipp
beers 14798 º places 219 º 23:40 Tue 7/18/2017

Thank you for making the whole site aware of this issue from a brewery that no one outside of Richmond has ever heard of.

acurtis
beers 53 º places 7 º 09:46 Wed 7/19/2017

To add a note. I have learned from good sources that the beers "Andall’d" are not even brewed at the Answer. Instead they are bulk keg purchases such as Ten Fidy that have adjucts added and are then renamed.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 09:52 Wed 7/19/2017

Originally posted by blipp
Thank you for making the whole site aware of this issue from a brewery that no one outside of Richmond has ever heard of.

I still haven’t heard of them.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16507 º places 792 º 10:00 Wed 7/19/2017

Originally posted by Drake
No fault to the raters. A vast majority of these ratings came from crowlers. The crowler labels do not indicate they are from the Andall series.

This.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1235 º 11:03 Wed 7/19/2017

Originally posted by acurtis
To add a note. I have learned from good sources that the beers "Andall’d" are not even brewed at the Answer. Instead they are bulk keg purchases such as Ten Fidy that have adjucts added and are then renamed.

That hadn’t even occurred to me, but knowing the guys there this is completely plausible.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 12:05 Wed 7/19/2017

DCLawyer
beers 3007 º places 236 º 16:29 Wed 7/19/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

I understand that many of the andall beers were entered by raters in Michigan. Which is why Andy posted this not just in the mid atlantic forum. But by all means, carry on with your know-it-all dismissiveness.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1235 º 16:41 Wed 7/19/2017

Originally posted by DCLawyer
Originally posted by TheHOFF43

I understand that many of the andall beers were entered by raters in Michigan. Which is why Andy posted this not just in the mid atlantic forum. But by all means, carry on with your know-it-all dismissiveness.

Who is Andy?

But yes, DCLawyer is correct. I was going for maximum visibility. In fact, literally zero of the aforementioned ratings are from users anywhere in Virginia.

And I’d argue that The Answer is well known outside of Virginia, at least in the Mid-Atlantic region. It’s part of the Mekong empire, frequently named one of the best bars in Virginia. Travlers will go there (Mekong and The Answer Brewpub next door) even if they have time for just a few stops. It’s one of the better known places in a major city on the I-64 and I-95 corridors. Household name? No. Known outside of Richmond? Absolutely.

blipp
beers 14798 º places 219 º 17:01 Wed 7/19/2017

Dang guys I was just jiggling your beanbags.

cheap
beers 8804 º places 326 º 17:07 Wed 7/19/2017

I used to have a Randall guitar amp, 1979. Was pretty nice.

Thanks for helping to clean up the mess!