BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 58591 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 13:12 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by cquiroga
I’m thinking this is the perfect occasion to put together a Mad Libs-style "easy question" form response for the Cigar City Customer Service Representative Team, which could easily be programmed to randomize based on time of day or something else like that, and could contain all of the goofy and eccentric character of Joey’s most absurd ramblings, but would require virtually no energy or additional work after the initial programming. And the programming itself would be nothing, I’d guess, for someone who knows what the hell they’re doing. I could even do the shit in Excel. Go team, go!

What are the most basic questions that come up all the time, to which you would like to give a quick, "blow-off" style answer but not run the risk of encountering this same situation again?

"Upcoming tap list?"
"Arrange a special visit?"
"Distribution to my area?"


Are you trying to steal after4ever’s Job?


Nonsense. I’m trying to make his job EASIER. With a couple simple modifications, he can be the entire Customer Service Department for MULTIPLE breweries.

 
after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 13:15 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by cquiroga
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by cquiroga
I’m thinking this is the perfect occasion to put together a Mad Libs-style "easy question" form response for the Cigar City Customer Service Representative Team, which could easily be programmed to randomize based on time of day or something else like that, and could contain all of the goofy and eccentric character of Joey’s most absurd ramblings, but would require virtually no energy or additional work after the initial programming. And the programming itself would be nothing, I’d guess, for someone who knows what the hell they’re doing. I could even do the shit in Excel. Go team, go!

What are the most basic questions that come up all the time, to which you would like to give a quick, "blow-off" style answer but not run the risk of encountering this same situation again?

"Upcoming tap list?"
"Arrange a special visit?"
"Distribution to my area?"


Are you trying to steal after4ever’s Job?


Nonsense. I’m trying to make his job EASIER. With a couple simple modifications, he can be the entire Customer Service Department for MULTIPLE breweries.

Besides, there’s no legal way to take the job. Joey just ratified the collective bargaining agreement with my union this afternoon. I’m set like a post office employee.

 
cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 13:19 Tue 2/2/2010

Click to select brewery.

Click to select "easy question."

Copy-paste response.

Click to send.

 
after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 13:22 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by cquiroga
Click to select brewery.

Click to select "easy question."

Copy-paste response.

Click to send.

I actually worked at a startup about ten years ago where, once in a while, I had to write scripts the tech support reps could use to address PEBCAK questions in exactly this fashion.

 
Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 14:26 Tue 2/2/2010

If someone comes into my store and ask if we have some certain (shitty) beer I always tell him "no, but why would you want that, it tastes like shit anyway". Is that good or bad customer service?

 
MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 14:27 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Jeppe
If someone comes into my store and ask if we have some certain (shitty) beer I always tell him "no, but why would you want that, it tastes like shit anyway". Is that good or bad customer service?


Man I love Denmark .

 
Kestral
beers 506 º places 29 º 14:34 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
freaking hilarious from the CCB blog:

Cigar City Brewing published a new entry entitled "195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10" on 2/2/2010 3:02:50 PM, written by Cigar City Brewing.
195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10

On Tap This Week Starting Wednesday:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale
Warmer Winter Warmer Old Ale
Cubano Espresso Brown Ale
Humidor India Pale Ale

This is our 4 day beer forecast. If you require the longer time period tap forecast please contact our friendly team of customer service representatives via [email protected]



lmao, excellent

 
BREWMUSKCLES
beers 3084 º places 139 º 15:04 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by Kestral
Originally posted by ericandersnavy
freaking hilarious from the CCB blog:

Cigar City Brewing published a new entry entitled "195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10" on 2/2/2010 3:02:50 PM, written by Cigar City Brewing.
195: Draft Lineup Week of 2-3-10

On Tap This Week Starting Wednesday:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale
Warmer Winter Warmer Old Ale
Cubano Espresso Brown Ale
Humidor India Pale Ale

This is our 4 day beer forecast. If you require the longer time period tap forecast please contact our friendly team of customer service representatives via [email protected]



lmao, excellent
aahhh people, at some point an asshole customer will provoke an asshole reaction from any other human with little notice.

 
LtDan
beers 1808 º places 65 º 15:31 Tue 2/2/2010

This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic. In the past, they have nuked threads that don’t even come close to this silliness.

 
puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 15:46 Tue 2/2/2010

Originally posted by LtDan
This is a cheap way for BA to get web traffic. In the past, they have nuked threads that don’t even come close to this silliness.


Indeed, I love how Todd said something along the lines of "thanks for the great discussion!" when he froze the thread. At least they are finally coming around.