BA is emailing Cigar City

Reads 58568 • Replies 239 • Started Monday, February 1, 2010 7:41:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 20:46 Mon 2/1/2010

Have to say the whole thing could have easily been avoided by both parties. Neither one was super pleasant. Joey’s long response is particularly baffling--quite the temper tantrum. Not sure why some people imagine there’s a place for that in a professional environment. By "some," of course, I mean "millions and millions."

 
illinismitty
beers 2271 º places 279 º 20:47 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by illinismitty
Sorry guys. I think Joey was unprofessional. The original post was polite and he was trying to acquire beer. If that were you trying to get growlers and a brewer treated you like that, you would all be bashing the brewery.

Look at the abuse Tomme took for not responding over flat beer. Everyone demanded more professionalism from him. Imagine if he had responded to you in the same tone and told you all that he did not want your business.

BA hate aside, I am rather surprised Joey took that kind of tone being that he is now the president of a professional brewery.






The original reply was professional, just not good enough



if you think "we can’t project that far." is a professional response to the original post, good luck with your law practice.

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 20:48 Mon 2/1/2010

All of this deserved a big fat


154 reloads to read that crap, whatever.

 
kmweaver
beers 3208 º places 116 º 20:50 Mon 2/1/2010

"...gopher pelts and wampum!"

It’s awesome how retardedly uppity people get about these things.

 
illinismitty
beers 2271 º places 279 º 20:53 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by mtoast
All of this deserved a big fat


154 reloads to read that crap, whatever.


so what’s on tap at Sharp Edge next week?

 
Cavie
beers 5734 º places 80 º 20:54 Mon 2/1/2010

Poorly handled.

 
daknole
beers 11051 º places 464 º 21:02 Mon 2/1/2010

Hahahaha. If any of you and I repeat ANY of you knew Joey and his staff you would realize what asses SOME of you sound like. If you realized how small their buisness is...and how small the batches obeer they brew then you would realize they cant even predict how long a beer will last on a given day or night. They have had stuff blow in less than an hour. Sometimes they aren’t even sure what cool beer they are going to make until they do it. This isn’t some huge business. Its 4 people and a core a awesome beer loving volunteers who make Cigar City what it is. Until recently there was no AC where they sampled their beers and sold growlers. Until recently it was a 2 person business...Joe and Wayne. Some of you don’t like the email Joey sent, but it was the truth. And that is the facts. Like it or not, please gather some facts beofre you start throwing stones...be careful in your glass houses. Very careful. But hell, what do I know...I’m just a homer right?

 
kryptic
21:05 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by daknole
But hell, what do I know...I’m just a homer right?


Right.

 
kmweaver
beers 3208 º places 116 º 21:06 Mon 2/1/2010

It’s like a competition over who gets to take the most umbrage.

"I find this disappointing and poorly informed."
"Well, I find it unprofessional and not at all like Warren Buffett."
"Frankly, I think the fact that you posted this email is the most appalling."
"I’m sick, seriously sick to my stomach that you posted that email."
"HOW COULD YOU POST THAT EMAIL??!!?!"
"It’s Google’s fault. They’re the devil. I saw it on Nightline."
"Is this advocating?"
"I’m not sure that this is advocating."
"Changing topics mid-thread makes you a terrible person."
"If you don’t know whether or not this is advocating, there’s nothing I can do for you."
"All of you are terrible people. I will weep for you tonight."

 
j12601
beers 14609 º places 583 º 21:06 Mon 2/1/2010

Originally posted by daknole
Hahahaha. If any of you and I repeat ANY of you knew Joey and his staff you would realize what asses SOME of you sound like. If you realized how small their buisness is...and how small the batches obeer they brew then you would realize they cant even predict how long a beer will last on a given day or night. They have had stuff blow in less than an hour. Sometimes they aren’t even sure what cool beer they are going to make until they do it. This isn’t some huge business. Its 4 people and a core a awesome beer loving volunteers who make Cigar City what it is. Until recently there was no AC where they sampled their beers and sold growlers. Until recently it was a 2 person business...Joe and Wayne. Some of you don’t like the email Joey sent, but it was the truth. And that is the facts. Like it or not, please gather some facts beofre you start throwing stones...be careful in your glass houses. Very careful. But hell, what do I know...I’m just a homer right?


Wait a minute you desert dweller... you can’t be no homer...