Beavertown Extravaganza 2018 - tickets now on sale

Reads 13132 • Replies 46 • Started Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:27:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:14 Wed 11/8/2017

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 11:23 Wed 11/8/2017

Chris, we've kinda stopped with blank posts. I made a vow to Ian that it'd stop.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 11:25 Wed 11/8/2017

If commie Corbyn gets in power I'm moving to Switzerland

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 12:19 Wed 11/8/2017

I don't know why these newer crafty festivals keep trying to re-invent the wheel. Just follow the Borefts model!

10 hour sessions, loads of great beer and hardly anything runs out. Much more relaxed and no fuckwit DJs pounding out beats on distorted beaten up PAs.

Yes, I've bought tix for Extravaganza 2018!

Iznogud
beers 13190 º places 1282 º 12:45 Wed 11/8/2017

Borefts is a nice festival, but also totally different kind of festival. Also if I may add beer wise way below Extravaganza league.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40508 º places 1239 º 13:08 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Iznogud
Borefts is a nice festival, but also totally different kind of festival. Also if I may add beer wise way below Extravaganza league.

Agree

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40508 º places 1239 º 13:14 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Desverger
It is a pity they have not gone for a premium gold (early access) option like for CBC (MBCC now) the last couple of years, does make a difference for those of us who want to hit up those in demand beers before the inevitable massive queues.

Overall enjoyed 2017 as a first experience, although the queues/beer running out early/glass rinsing facilities was disappointing. Will probably give it a miss next year (due to other fests going on close to it) but will certainly be interesting to see how this develops over the coming years.

Im really glad they havent. I hate the feeling of milking the crowd for every last bit. Plus i dont like the fact many people have to save to do these sort of event and then get a 2nd class experience because some of us can just throw money arround.

Crowd has already been milked @£5 booking fee so whats another £10/15?

I don't have the time to get to as many events as some Ratebeerians so I would rather pay a premium for a better experience on the day I do get to go.

What's wrong with that?

if an extra £10 isnt a problem, then lets make at an extra 10 for every one and great for everyone

Ypu paying extra makes the experience better for you. but worse for everyone else.

as you go in Probably every one in early goes for all the most desirable beer and then there less for the other.

So what you actually want to do is pay more to make things worse for others.

Craig. ... get a grip man !!!

What is WORSE for others ?

Shit the bed .... missing out on 7 or 8 tasty ticks.

Love your first world problems.

Maybe we should all get paid the same salary and live in the same sized houses!

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 13:21 Wed 11/8/2017

I'm happy paying more so that I enjoy the ambience and experience . I'm not bothered about total strangers financial situations.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 13:49 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by madmitch76
I don't know why these newer crafty festivals keep trying to re-invent the wheel. Just follow the Borefts model!

10 hour sessions, loads of great beer and hardly anything runs out. Much more relaxed and no fuckwit DJs pounding out beats on distorted beaten up PAs.

Yes, I've bought tix for Extravaganza 2018!

+1

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 13:52 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Gary
Chris, we've kinda stopped with blank posts. I made a vow to Ian that it'd stop.

Has anyone else noticed that recently, if you edit a post it sometimes doesn't actually do so but just posts part of your previous post at the end of the thread. Or none of it in this case.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it. But it does happen.