Beer About Town : London - July ’13.

Reads 7819 • Replies 113 • Started Monday, July 1, 2013 4:43:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 13:32 Wed 7/31/2013

Originally posted by Niall73
Hi folks. I had a very enjoyable half pint of what was listed as Kernels Export Stout, as opposed to ‘…Export Stout London 1890’, at Pelt Trader today. I was presuming it was a keg version of the esl beer but the abv was 6.9 which differs, if I recall correctly, from the bottled version I’ve had. Could anyone clarify? Same beer? Thanks.

I’ve not been to Pelt Trader so I don’t know what their setup is but I’m guessing this was just written on a chalkboard or some such, in which case it can’t really be taken as definitive. As far as I know Kernel (unusually) haven’t made loads of different variations and the Export Stout. And, as the commercial description on RateBeer suggests, the abv is all over the place from batch to batch but not significantly enough to constitute a different beer. Almost certaily the regular one then.

Niall73
beers 2623 º places 2 º 14:09 Wed 7/31/2013

Thanks Chris, thought as much, but thought it was worth checking. Yep, chalkboard type situation for non cask beers in there. It was a lovely drop, though. I’d have rated slightly higher than the bottled versions I’ve had, not that those were anything other than a treat.

viktorvee
beers 510 º places 30 º 02:10 Thu 8/1/2013

The new mulberry sour from Howling Hops is pretty damn tasty, great summer drink and super refeshing. The Wallflower Wit is very sickly however, didn’t like that much.