Beer about town: London

Reads 16533 • Replies 228 • Started Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:48:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 08:25 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
The Wandsworth Festival coming up in early July has c. 40 tickets left for the preview night on 4 July. I’ll be attending this preview event, which costs £25 but gets you unlimited samples of the beers. The preliminary beer list is out today (sorry for no link - I saw it on Twitter) and definitely has some interesting stuff on it.

You all may recall this festival is aiming to have as many London breweries available as possible; they claim they will have ’all’ the London breweries but I doubt that will happen, if for no other reason than that a new brewery will probably open the day before the fest and they won’t have time to bring in the beer!

For you guys who aren’t on twitter, here’s the beer list:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/148295228/Wandsworth-Common-London-Beer-Festival-July-4th-6th-2013-Preliminary-Beer-List

Definitely some interesting stuff. That mystery Fullers beer certainly sounds intriguing. Unless the likes of Brodies, Camden, Alpha State, and Howling Hops get added on later, we won’t be seeing all the London breweries in the same spot. Still, it’s a solid lineup. I was worried the program note debacle from the last fest would cause some beef between Le Gothique’s organisers and the breweries they indirectly insulted.

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 09:48 Mon 6/17/2013

User Black_Heart reviews the Black Heart...

...and gives it 100/100.

Text of review is as follows: "Now with Kimchi Cult serving some damn fine burgers!".

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 10:03 Mon 6/17/2013

Going for the LBA beer and a few breweries which I keep on missing are all in the same place. It’s a nice festival which I’ve enjoyed in the past.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 10:04 Mon 6/17/2013

Please try and get a brewer’s name right if your list is going to public!!

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 10:10 Mon 6/17/2013

...and gives it 100/100.

Text of review is as follows: "Now with Kimchi Cult serving some damn fine burgers!".

Hasn’t he tried that before & got deleted?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40415 º places 1239 º 10:22 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by chriso

...and gives it 100/100.

Hasn’t he tried that before & got deleted?

Yeah - some time at the end of last year.

Had a couple of fake mate type accounts giving said venue 100/100.

Got itself one of those ’flagged for dishonest practice’ logos.

FrumptyDumpty
23:58 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by jackl
The Wandsworth Festival coming up in early July has c. 40 tickets left for the preview night on 4 July. I’ll be attending this preview event, which costs £25 but gets you unlimited samples of the beers. The preliminary beer list is out today (sorry for no link - I saw it on Twitter) and definitely has some interesting stuff on it.

You all may recall this festival is aiming to have as many London breweries available as possible; they claim they will have ’all’ the London breweries but I doubt that will happen, if for no other reason than that a new brewery will probably open the day before the fest and they won’t have time to bring in the beer!

For you guys who aren’t on twitter, here’s the beer list:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/148295228/Wandsworth-Common-London-Beer-Festival-July-4th-6th-2013-Preliminary-Beer-List

Definitely some interesting stuff. That mystery Fullers beer certainly sounds intriguing. Unless the likes of Brodies, Camden, Alpha State, and Howling Hops get added on later, we won’t be seeing all the London breweries in the same spot. Still, it’s a solid lineup. I was worried the program note debacle from the last fest would cause some beef between Le Gothique’s organisers and the breweries they indirectly insulted.
#

Pretty sure Alpha State is down in Kent?

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 03:02 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by jackl
Unless the likes of Brodies, Camden, Alpha State, and Howling Hops get added on later, we won’t be seeing all the London breweries in the same spot.

It’s not the final list. They’ve just announced four beers from a new brewery called Mulligans on their Facebook page. Best keep an eye out there for updates.
https://www.facebook.com/wandsworthcommonbeer

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 07:15 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Pretty sure Alpha State is down in Kent?

My bad. Assumed they were from London and never checked.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:41 Tue 6/18/2013

Isn’t Alpha State John Quigley’s brewery and I assumed it was in Kent but I can’t actually find an address for it yet. Not on Quaffale and the Facebook page doesn’t say.