Berliner Weiss with fruit- not a fruit beer?

Reads 17455 • Replies 262 • Started Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:39:42 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by 502Flavors
One of the silliest debates yet on RB

Of course it is.

We’re merely setting bait for people who actually care about this stuff. I don’t think there is a single Florida "homer" who cares what it is called.

Though, I’m calling it Floridaweiss, because it is fun and because I want more of it made in my state.

Miami Weiss is an insult to the good people of Tampa/St. Pete who have helped move along this beer revolution in the Sunshine State. It will be Floridaweiss. So, all of you midwesterners, sitting in your sweatshirts by the fire drinking Winter Warmers, can shut your mouths.
I am wearing a robe, thank you!

gkost
beers 1069 º places 32 º 05:43 Thu 5/24/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
If fruity berliners become known throughout the world as Floridaweisse, I take full credit since I created the name on the facebook page for Berliner Bash on the Bay. FACEBOOK, man. Important shit. Know that... and you’re welcome.

I just KNEW that if I stuck around ratebeer long enough and kept throwing shitty ideas out there, one day, some way, one would finally hit and stick... and then I would actually matter.

Oh, sorry, not true. Term was coined many many months ago by Ben Romano. But nice try. HA!

blipp
beers 14840 º places 219 º 06:02 Thu 5/24/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by 502Flavors
One of the silliest debates yet on RB

Of course it is.

We’re merely setting bait for people who actually care about this stuff. I don’t think there is a single Florida "homer" who cares what it is called.

Though, I’m calling it Floridaweiss, because it is fun and because I want more of it made in my state.

Miami Weiss is an insult to the good people of Tampa/St. Pete who have helped move along this beer revolution in the Sunshine State. It will be Floridaweiss. So, all of you midwesterners, sitting in your sweatshirts by the fire drinking Winter Warmers, can shut your mouths.

I like Sunshine Weiss better than Florida Weiss.

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 06:11 Thu 5/24/2012

Gulfport Weisse would be more accurate, since Doug at Pegs started it.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:12 Thu 5/24/2012

Florida Weisse smacks of elitism and Florida Homerism, so it has to to be Miami Weisse.

Originally posted by BlackIPA
Florida Weisse smacks of elitism and Florida Homerism, so it has to to be Miami Weisse.
Does Berliner Weisse smack of elitism and homerism for Berlin?

JoeMcPhee
beers 12090 º places 543 º 06:14 Thu 5/24/2012

gkost
beers 1069 º places 32 º 06:15 Thu 5/24/2012

It has to be Florida Weisse to encompass the whole state. Miami Weisse is hilarious though.

phredrik
beers 1024 º places 31 º 06:21 Thu 5/24/2012

Originally posted by blipp
I like Sunshine Weiss better than Florida Weiss.

Both <Miami Weiss

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:39 Thu 5/24/2012

Originally posted by biggsbowler
Gulfport Weisse would be more accurate, since Doug at Pegs started it.

Before 2002?

If that is the going to be reason, Montreal Weisse might be more apt.