Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 7231 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 7690 º places 620 º 03:42 Sun 6/23/2013

My taste buds will be shot by the time we hit Cotteridge Wines: but I’ll try to be relatively sober on arrival, otherwise I’ll end up buying a bucket load of bottles and not have enough hands or bag space to carry them home!

If you’ve never been before I think you’ll be impressed: good of them to prepare for us too (plus tasters of course).

<*))))))><

DanielBrown
beers 4546 º places 334 º 15:40 Sun 6/23/2013

Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Would anybody be offended if I brought along this to the taste on the bus http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/frosty-jacks/3077/ from what I can see no one has had it ;)

It’s local and it’s a winner so i don’t see why not. In fact, while I’m in the area, I might see if I can bag the entire Aston Manor range of top quality beverages.

I know the Rep for Aston Manor if you’re serious...

I’ll aim to see you and Ruth on the Friday too. But if not, then certainly Saturday. Gurd wants to catch up with you too.

DanielBrown
beers 4546 º places 334 º 15:42 Sun 6/23/2013

Has anyone tallied the attendees? I have one more person who wants to come (assuming Richy hasn’t already booked his (Gurd’s) spot. Is there any space left?

SarkyNorthener
beers 4847 º places 141 º 15:48 Sun 6/23/2013

Originally posted by DanielBrown
Has anyone tallied the attendees? I have one more person who wants to come (assuming Richy hasn’t already booked his (Gurd’s) spot. Is there any space left?

After my unforeseen disappointment and not being able to make it that is one space unless its already been taken.

chriso
beers 21656 º places 720 º 16:22 Sun 6/23/2013

I might see if I can bag the entire Aston Manor range of top quality beverages.

I know the Rep for Aston Manor if you’re serious...

Not really.

RichTheVillan
beers 8248 º places 100 º 21:45 Sun 6/23/2013

I’ve not reserved a spot for Gurd yet, I’ve got Roberto, Chris and I.

BlackHaddock
beers 7690 º places 620 º 01:02 Mon 6/24/2013

Just me, some beers and my scratchings from Shropshire.

I’ve no idea who the rep for Aston Manor is!

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 22307 º places 1044 º 02:00 Mon 6/24/2013

I’d be curious to know final tallies. Also, how many guys will be traveling from London on the morning? The spreadsheet would suggest five but I don’t know if there are guys who just haven’t filled in the sheet.

Theydon_Bois
beers 20636 º places 1046 º 02:40 Mon 6/24/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
I’d be curious to know final tallies. Also, how many guys will be traveling from London on the morning? The spreadsheet would suggest five but I don’t know if there are guys who just haven’t filled in the sheet.

There are 7 folks on the train from London.
Ken, Leighton, Jack, Ian, Fergus +1 and myself.

As to other folks wanting to bring friends - this is not a problem there should be plenty of room.

However the bus has been a bit poorly and is in at the garage at the moment so need to confirm all is well in next few days.

If not I will hire a minivan/coach from somewhere. If this is the case we need to nail down numbers in order to get the best price based on the exact number of seats required.

harrisoni
beers 19338 º places 37 º 03:30 Mon 6/24/2013

Yeah, a tasting of about 20 beers on the train on the way up should set us up nicely for the day. I’ll be at Euston reasonably early as I don’t want to risk any delays on the way up from Kent.