Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 9061 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OK I’ve added a few beers and a brewery, don’t know much about the Boudicca we had in the Crispin and I forgot the name of the Jester King we had at Cotts.

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
OK I’ve added a few beers and a brewery, don’t know much about the Boudicca we had in the Crispin and I forgot the name of the Jester King we had at Cotts.

Sounds like a massive day. The benefits of drinking with loads of people is, that one of you will remember the name of the Jester King.

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by RichTheVillan

Sounds like a massive day. The benefits of drinking with loads of people is, that one of you will remember the name of the Jester King.

I got 23 rates out the day, but everyone on the train from London must have got 50+ rates, I only got involved from B’ham and got 7 scoops, 2 of which we’re big wants.

That was a superb day everyone, fantastic to meet up with old friends and now new friends. The train home was timed to the second, phew, then slept most of the way. So much to try and remember now.
Thank you Colin for the organisation. Where next?

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 03:14 Sun 7/7/2013

Jester king boxers revenge was the one rich. Cracking day out!

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 03:42 Sun 7/7/2013

I had a fantastic time. Very happy to report that all the Ratebeerers were absolutely lovely and great company (no surprises there!). Am very very pleased that people made the effort to get to the Black Country - I trust that it was worth it!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40465 º places 1239 º 03:56 Sun 7/7/2013

I had a great day - thanks for coming and nice to meet many new RB’ers for the first time!

On the pub front I enjoyed the pubs I’d not visited before - Crispin, Duke William and Windsor.

Love the Beacon - that for me is the standout pub in terms of tradition/architecture - would liked to have spent more time there tbh but we had a tough agenda to stick to!

On the beer front I enjoyed all the brew pub beers, no duds, the only let down for me was Craddocks. Whilst drinkable I found them all a bit samey and bland - glorified home brew if you like not trying to be too unkind!

The boys at Cotteridge did a great job. Wish I’d saved samosa space ! London beers (some we don’t see down here + others) at better prices we get them for also!

Tastings on the train were fun - Jack had an early bath on the way home thanks to Ken.

Finished the day in the Euston Tap and a good haul of 85 (DK) rates for my efforts :P

Only low point was my journey home.

25 mins late from Waterloo, absolutely heaving as it had the next trains load of people on it, and when I got off at Sunningdale Red Willow’s Fathomless decided it didn’t want to come home with me, danced out of my bag and covered the floor of the 23.20 Waterloo - Reading in roasty malty goodness!

Oh well - at least it was a £3 bottle and not a £10’ers worth.

To the next one - I’m thinking Sheffield in the Spring time.

2 hours 5/10 mins from London and 1 hours 15/20 from Brum - should suit most folks.

Cheers

Colin

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 09:53 Sun 7/7/2013

Glad to report that everyone was really nice and friendly!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40465 º places 1239 º 10:02 Sun 7/7/2013

Originally posted
by tommann

Glad to report that everyone was really nice and friendly!

and you look great for 57
enjoy the 100 pale lager!

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 11:51 Sun 7/7/2013

It’s in the fridge, been gardening all day. About to crack it for top gear!