Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 9063 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 22:00 Fri 5/31/2013

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by RichTheVillan
The POV was the Royal Mail, and it gets really crowded don’t think it fit our bus party in, people do pay 25 for a Westy 12 I’ve witnessed it.

What would you say is a fair price for a bottle of westy 12. I know how much it costs at source. But I know one day I am going to have to try it. But I have convinced myself it cant be as good as a Rochefort 8 or 10.

Rochefort 8 gives it a decent fight, I’ve paid 10 euros for one from Belgium in a Box, P&P can be prohibitive but spread accross a few bottles, its not to bad.

mR_fr0g
beers 29120 º places 44 º 02:33 Sat 6/1/2013

What would you say is a fair price for a bottle of westy 12. I know how much it costs at source. But I know one day I am going to have to try it. But I have convinced myself it cant be as good as a Rochefort 8 or 10.

Not as good as Rochefort 10 in my humble opinion. I have a bottle 12 and a bunch of 8 if you want me to bring either along on the day?

Colin is bringing me a 12. So a 8 would be great let us know if there is anything you are interested in.

Colin is bringing me a 12. So a 8 would be great let us know if there is anything you are interested in.

Can somebody bring along a Westvleteren 6, I’ll buy you a beer for it

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40489 º places 1239 º 03:41 Sat 6/1/2013

Originally posted by RichTheVillan

Can somebody bring along a Westvleteren 6, I’ll buy you a beer for it

I was in a bar in Venlo (NL) 5 weeks ago and they had both Westvleteren 6 and Westmalle Extra on the menu. BINGO ! However they didn’t have them in the cellar

mR_fr0g
beers 29120 º places 44 º 04:00 Sat 6/1/2013

Yeah no problem. You can buy me a beer on the day.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 04:54 Sat 6/1/2013

I will buy you a beer and a packet of Black Country Pork scratchings.

One "interesting" fact I learned a while back was that, however they were branded, nearly all the packaged pork scratchings in the UK were made by one producer in Wednesfield - or was it Wednesbury, I forget. That was a few years back so things may have changed a bit now that they are in vogue and artisanal versions abound.

Originally posted by mR_fr0g

Yeah no problem. You can buy me a beer on the day.

Thanks a lot I will throw in some Pork scratchings for you as well.

Originally posted by chriso
I will buy you a beer and a packet of Black Country Pork scratchings.

One "interesting" fact I learned a while back was that, however they were branded, nearly all the packaged pork scratchings in the UK were made by one producer in Wednesfield - or was it Wednesbury, I forget. That was a few years back so things may have changed a bit now that they are in vogue and artisanal versions abound.

My father in law always as a few packs open on his table in the pub for communal feeding. Bit of Black country tradition. I don’t really like them but always end up eating them for some reason. I believe they are mostly made up the road from me in Wednesbury.

I can bring a bag from Shropshire and we could have a ’scratch off’ or something!

<*))))))><