Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 9029 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

imdownthepub
beers 26023 º places 2087 º 00:20 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
What time does it open on a Saturday?

The boys from ’darn sarf’ arrive at Wolves station 11.15ish, so unless it has ’Spoon’ type hours it’ll not be serving beers at 10:00.

<*))))))><

PS. Can’t open their web page to check opening times!

Sorry, I’ve been a bit lax in keeping up with this.
I am aiming to get to Wolverhampton just before 11am, I’m not quite sure of how yet although possibly my best bet is Chiltern into Snow Hill and then the tram with a West Midlands day ticket. I must check this out.

kaufmanised
beers 120 º places 11 º 02:08 Mon 6/17/2013

My friend is out in San Fran and bring me a haul back over. once I know what he gets me I’ll post a couple of options for everyone to pick from :) for the bus tastings.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40382 º places 1239 º 02:24 Mon 6/17/2013

Re: Tasting on the bus.

Simon says this is fine - his bus, his rules - but obviously open bottles before getting on as he doesn’t want exploding beers making a mess inside.

The bus has a fuel pump problem at present, hopefully fixed tomorrow.

If it doesn’t get fixed in time I’ve got another contact for bus hire however if this is the case I doubt we’d be able to drink onboard.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40382 º places 1239 º 02:24 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by kaufmanised
My friend is out in San Fran and bring me a haul back over. once I know what he gets me I’ll post a couple of options for everyone to pick from :) for the bus tastings.

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 09:05 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
How long is the train journey? Assuming we need to do all these beers on the train, we’re looking at a pretty decent drinking pace, I reckon.

Yep, drunk before we get to Wolverhampton.

Have you been to Wolverhampton and/or Birmingham? You’ll need to be half cut before we start. Takes the edge off.

It’s grim up North. And I know it’s the Midlands but anything north of Maidstone is the North to me.

kaufmanised
beers 120 º places 11 º 14:28 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by Leighton
How long is the train journey? Assuming we need to do all these beers on the train, we’re looking at a pretty decent drinking pace, I reckon.

Yep, drunk before we get to Wolverhampton.

Have you been to Wolverhampton and/or Birmingham? You’ll need to be half cut before we start. Takes the edge off.

It’s grim up North. And I know it’s the Midlands but anything north of Maidstone is the North to me.

Now now ;) lol

tommann
beers 7120 º places 33 º 15:43 Mon 6/17/2013

To be fair, wolves and brum are shite. Not as bad as Dudley mind.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:17 Mon 6/17/2013

Originally posted by tommann

At least the Dudley/Stourbridge area has a good selection of Brewpubs. More than can be said for Birmingham and Wolves.

Black Country - The greatest brewing region outside of Belgium.

BlackHaddock
beers 15407 º places 1050 º 01:01 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by tommann

It never ceases to amaze me how proud people are from Dudley: they are genuinely pleasant and pleased to see you in their pubs and love it that local beers and pubs drag in beer tourists. The Black Country is great and the people are friendly and open: miles apart from London where the opposite is true.

<*))))))><

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 01:28 Tue 6/18/2013

. The Black Country is great and the people are friendly and open: miles apart from London where the opposite is true.

<*))))))><

Apologies to thread hijack but...
I lived in in brixton for a year then hackney for 4 years and the people were wonderful. I’m from stockport and the people in the smoke were warm friendly and open. Very stereotypical british view of London sir.