Boston Harbor Bay South Bay

Reads 699 • Replies 12 • Started Sunday, April 9, 2017 2:28:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 09:17 Tue 4/11/2017

Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by mkgrenwel
My next move branching out would be to take the red line to Cambridge and do CBC and Lord Hobo. Meadhall is a pass. Atwoods and Bukowski are a little more out of the way (long walks from any T stop) but great neighborhood places if you want to soak in the culture.

I’d say less than 10 minutes on foot from Lord Hobo to Atwood’s. About the same from there to Bukowski’s. Maybe 15 minutes down to Central Square T. Us Brits don’t mind a bit of a stroll!

I agree, it’s all totally walkable. But that’s me. I used to live in the neighborhood and walked to all these places all the time. Some people (Americans, to be fair) get indignant if you suggest they walk more than two blocks.

theprof
beers 4289 º places 42 º 11:19 Tue 4/11/2017

Thanks for the tips. To clarify I’m staying within walking distance of the JFK Library. So beer intake has to enhance rather than preempt archival research. It may be just a glass with dinner. So Cambridge maybe next time.