Cider tasting around.. Christmas?

Reads 3752 • Replies 79 • Started Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:55:29 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4573 º 09:16 Mon 5/16/2016

OK, first new cider duly collected, a dry cider from South Africa that’s not yet on Ratebeer

radagast83
beers 12427 º places 427 º 10:24 Mon 5/16/2016

Here’s a google doc, it can be customized further if you’d like:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E0lIxbv_dFLOm0e_QxZo-unKVkoIERQPayChC-pionc/edit?usp=sharing

I have a Cyser from Orchid Cellars - Donnie and Gene have had it, naturally. I’ll hold onto it unless more of the group rate it between now and then.

I hope that Millstone can make another rateable Pommeau.

MrChopin
beers 4304 º places 100 º 19:49 Thu 6/30/2016

Giving this a healthy bump/reminder

For "other stuff".. whatever! Seems natural to throw in opposite styled stuff.. Darker malt, hoppy, well carbonated. Won’t be too difficult to find "opposites" to sweet cider!

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4573 º 03:17 Fri 7/1/2016

I’m ready any time. But I will almost certainly not be living in DC in December.

nimbleprop
beers 15356 º places 134 º 07:27 Fri 7/1/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
I’m ready any time. But I will almost certainly not be living in DC in December.

Whaaaaa?

I have picked up some ciders for the tasting already and will update the spreadsheet shortly. I should also mention that I have a significant life event taking place in November, but will likely be able to peel away in December for this.

MrChopin
beers 4304 º places 100 º 08:12 Fri 7/1/2016

Originally posted by nimbleprop

Whaaaaa?

I have picked up some ciders for the tasting already and will update the spreadsheet shortly. I should also mention that I have a significant life event taking place in November, but will likely be able to peel away in December for this.

Some big announcements coming 7/10!

MrChopin
beers 4304 º places 100 º 15:43 Thu 7/28/2016

Another monthly bump..

Would like to do this before Gene’s gone.

It’s looking like I’ll be in Montreal over Thanksgiving, meaning I’ll knock at the Ice Cider locations. Interest or advice please share..

Travlr
beers 33850 º places 4573 º 15:46 Thu 7/28/2016

I am hoping to move to Charlotte NC by the end of August. Not sure if I can make the arrangements that quickly, so there’s a chance I’ll be here in September, not sure.

We could always do one tasting now and you guys can do one in December. I have two cases of ciders accumulated now, the less I take with me the better.

radagast83
beers 12427 º places 427 º 17:39 Thu 7/28/2016

I am hoping to move to Charlotte NC by the end of August. Not sure if I can make the arrangements that quickly, so there’s a chance I’ll be here in September, not sure.

We could always do one tasting now and you guys can do one in December. I have two cases of ciders accumulated now, the less I take with me the better.
Wait. What? Wow.

Can we do a tasting on the 19-21st or over Labor Day weekend? Either a cider tasting or just a regular tasting?

This is going to be a devastating loss to the DC RB scene....

DCLawyer
beers 3007 º places 236 º 19:55 Thu 7/28/2016

August? Damn Gene, you are hightailin’ it. Oh, and you better get used to saying things like "hightailin’ it" down thar in Carlinee