Cleveland: Melt Lager

Reads 1392 • Replies 5 • Started Friday, May 25, 2012 2:30:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BelgianBeerGal
beers 6307 º places 115 º 14:30 Fri 5/25/2012

We were at Melt last weekend and ordered something along the lines of a "Melt City Lager." It was following the marathon so we didn’t have a lot of time to investigate. It was your basic, low-cal inspired pale lager but I didn’t know who brewed it for them; I’m certain it’s an alias of something out there. Any Cleveland or Melt regulars know the facts? Thanks!

Amy

NVBeer232
beers 467 º places 21 º 10:03 Thu 5/31/2012

Pretty certain it’s made by Sprecher out of Wisconsin

Ding, Ding bkelley68 is the winner! Here was the response I got back from the folks at Melt today:

Melt City Light is produced by Sprecher Brewing Company in Glendale, Wisconsin. They sell it under another name which is Sprecher Micro-Light. We receive it as Sprecher "Chameleon" Ale.
It is a Golden/Blonde Ale
It is 4.16% ABV
Estimated 125 calories per 12oz. serving.

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 16:19 Tue 8/14/2012

Melt is run by assholes, period; to my knowledge they have never served a Buckeye Brewing beer.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 18:22 Tue 8/14/2012

Originally posted by dankman
Melt is run by assholes, period; to my knowledge they have never served a Buckeye Brewing beer.

Why do you say that? I’ve never had anything but good experiences there (other than the crazy crowds of course but those are tough to avoid).