Cloudwater DIPA v13 makes it into the RateBeer Top 100

Reads 3314 • Replies 56 • Started Sunday, April 16, 2017 6:38:22 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 11:49 Mon 5/8/2017

Was on at brewdog Shepherd’s Bush at the weekend

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:32 Mon 5/8/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by harrisoni
After a couple of weeks trying to find it and a day asking everywhere for it i went in London on Saturday, it is on at The Thomas Tallis micropub in Canterbury. I am on my way now. The pub says its still on when i phoned just now so fingers crossed it still will be in an hour and 15 mins when i hit Canterbury.

Ask them to pour it for you now so that it can warm up and lose carbonation adequately before you arrive. Craig said this would make the beer better so you should do it.

According to Ken’s third can (excessive i feel ) it’s already losing hop characters so god knows what I’ll end up with. Some dingy mess that’s more Greene King ipa than Cloudwater dipa.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:06 Mon 5/8/2017

Well it’s too fizzy...

Well it’s too fizzy...

Damn those pesky bubbles.

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 13:21 Mon 5/8/2017

Well it’s too fizzy...

Did you follow cgarvieuk’s advice?

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:33 Mon 5/8/2017

Well it’s too fizzy...

I ordered a half pint of it, left it on the bar with the barman looking after it, went up the road to The Bell & Crown and had a pint of Gadds, stopped off to buy a chicken breast for dinner and popcorn for the baseball tonight, went into the bookies and placed a bet on United winning the Uefa cup, did some minor bike maintenance, came back into the pub and spoke with the Star Wars gaming geeks in the corner and then finally drank the beer. And you know what? It was still too fizzy.

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 13:39 Mon 5/8/2017

Well it’s too fizzy...

I ordered a half pint of it, left it on the bar with the barman looking after it, went up the road to The Bell & Crown and had a pint of Gadds, stopped off to buy a chicken breast for dinner and popcorn for the baseball tonight, went into the bookies and placed a bet on United winning the Uefa cup, did some minor bike maintenance, came back into the pub and spoke with the Star Wars gaming geeks in the corner and then finally drank the beer. And you know what? It was still too fizzy.

That’s all well and good. Did you stir the beer with the arm of your glasses, though? Craig also recommends that. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

But glad you enjoyed the beer!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:49 Mon 5/8/2017

Well it’s too fizzy...

That’s all well and good. Did you stir the beer with the arm of your glasses, though? Craig also recommends that. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

But glad you enjoyed the beer!

No my arm isn’t made of glass it’s bionic like Steve Austin. And yes i enjoyed the beer. Twice in fact. Actually there is time for a third half. Can you have 3 halves? As well as a To Ol Shock beer and a new Old Dairy beer.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:58 Mon 5/8/2017

Well the Old Dairy wins the best mouthfeel and best malt of the evening. If you want a light digestive biscuit then choose a 3.8% golden ale. Cloudwater wins on everything else though. And yes its time for a 3rd half. I might be a bit wobbly on the bike back to the station.

Scopey
beers 24181 º places 727 º 14:06 Mon 5/8/2017

After a couple of weeks trying to find it and a day asking everywhere for it i went in London on Saturday, it is on at The Thomas Tallis micropub in Canterbury. I am on my way now. The pub says its still on when i phoned just now so fingers crossed it still will be in an hour and 15 mins when i hit Canterbury.
Was on at BD Clerkenwell on Saturday...