College Foos-ball is the Devil 2013

Reads 51987 • Replies 795 • Started Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:44:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:41 Sun 10/13/2013

Top Ten,

Hello. We’re very familiar with each other, but it has been a while. Great to see you again ole buddy.

Your pal,

The U

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 12:48 Sun 10/13/2013

JFF and aTm are due and it is coming on Saturday.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:21 Mon 10/14/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by TheAlum
UCONN vs. USF...

USF’s first win at UCONN in a barn burner 13-10, LOL!

USF hasn’t had an offensive touchdown in over 2 weeks, and still managed to get 2 wins. They still have less offensive touchdowns than defenses do against them.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:31 Mon 10/14/2013

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 17:35 Mon 10/14/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20131014/SPORTS02/310140072

Yup. Only a true freshman and already hit our starting lineup. That isn’t saying too much, because our D-Line is pretty horrible. But, losing a now-starter, and losing more depth, is going to be killer. Our D-line and Linebackers are hurting bad. Quarterbacks have all day and we can’t stop the run.
We started strong. We’ll be falling off soon.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 18:23 Mon 10/14/2013

’Cuse with their first ACC win and at NC St 24-10 is positive. It also got them back to .500 at 3-3. They really need to make it to a bowl for recruiting and with only Florida St being a potential lose we have a chance.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:55 Tue 10/15/2013

http://www.bluegoldsports.com/power-struggle-oliver-luck/

Don’t know who the hell these guys are, but I like what they’re saying. This isn’t the first story I’ve heard about Luck and the Texas AD job, and wanting UCF to join. It is already known that Luck was pushing hard for UCF to join the Big East, before Judy Genshaft at USF screwed the pooch by getting the basketball schools into wanting Villanova instead. Luck fought Genshaft hard during that time.
UCF has admitted to have already talked with Big12 commissioners. They said there is no smoke, but they have talked. Hmmm... don’t know what is going on, but another move up would be pretty damn good, especially if we leave Genshaft in the dust.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:13 Tue 10/15/2013

The problem is.. you are up against more viable schools from the AAC or whatever your dumpster conference calls itself.

Cincy is probably the best candidate for the Big 12 right now. And that isn’t saying much.

The Big 12 is getting scraps and they know it. But hey, at least they survived. Still, that leaves them with 11 teams (IF they can add Cincy).. and one more required addition for a Championship game..

That’ll leave one more spot.. between USF, Houston, and your UCF (And that’s just AAC considerations.. let’s not forget about the Mountain West’s viable teams and BYU possibly going back to a conference).

I’ll give you this.. there is a shot. But do you feel confident?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:15 Tue 10/15/2013

And while schools like UCONN and Cincy would far and away prefer being in the ACC.. it looks bleak for them in that regard..

The ACC is at 14 Teams going forward to boot.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9200081/acc-media-rights-deal-lock-schools-okd-presidents

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:29 Tue 10/15/2013

I’m not confident about anything. It is all speculation at this point.

Though, I think we have more to offer than Cincy or UCONN, because we’re in Florida and we’re a much larger school. We have always done well when it comes to television numbers, and we did great with the noon slot against USC, especially in the Orlando market. These are the things that are starting to matter a little more.

Knowing what happened in the Big East, Luck is a proponent of UCF, for whatever reason. He has always liked us. If he gets that job at Texas, I think it helps us even more, and especially hurts USF.