College Foos-ball is the Devil 2013

Reads 52019 • Replies 795 • Started Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:44:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 08:00 Sun 11/3/2013

Wasn’t expecting the win, FSU is really good, we’re obviously not at that level yet. Fought hard in first half and kept it close, but unraveled in 2nd half. Losing Duke for the rest of the season is a kick in the crotch.

Hopefully we can regroup. A win against VT next week pretty much locks up the Coastal for us and earns us another FSU ass kicking. Either way, still been a very nice season so far, Al has us going the right way. As always....

Golden Age

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:18 Sun 11/3/2013

FSU is so nasty. They just keep getting better, too. Oregon has lost enough National Championship games to SEC teams. FSU deserves their shot.

Eric, I wasn’t talking bad about Luck. Just saying it sucks for you that he is likely leaving. I’m just hoping he still likes UCF and maybe we get into the club with him taking over at Texas. The Big 12 needs a couple more teams. Luck likes us and hates USF... could be fun.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:36 Mon 11/4/2013

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
FSU is so nasty. They just keep getting better, too. Oregon has lost enough National Championship games to SEC teams. FSU deserves their shot.

Eric, I wasn’t talking bad about Luck. Just saying it sucks for you that he is likely leaving.

Oh, I know. I was agreeing with you. He’s done a lot for WVU in just a few short years. I was pointing that out. Hopefully, we’ll bring in someone really good with a lot of experience and the CEO mentality of Luck. Those types of guys are few and far between. University of Texas AD would be the perfect job for him. Silly money down there for him to work with already... and no one would do a better job than Luck in making that ridiculously HUGE University of Texas money-printing machine work even harder... print even more. Scary, but good for the Big XII. Rumor had it a while back that he was in line for the Big XII Commissioner job, but he declined and they gave the job to Bob Bowlsby, AD at Stanford at the time. Luck and he are friends via Andrew Luck’s days playing for Stanford.

Luck will prove a powerful ally of WVU whatever he does and wherever he goes.

Sure, bring in UCF. Louisville too (but I think they’re soon to be in the ACC). I like splitting the Big XII money only ten ways, but 12 members is probably inevitable and would probably ink an even larger TV contract and pull in even more revenue to buffer the financial hit to each of the ten existing schools. It would be nice if WVU didn’t have to travel over 1000 miles to every away game in almost all sports. Not that UCF is any closer to Morgantown than say Iowa State.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:42 Mon 11/4/2013

Originally posted by mgumby10
Wasn’t expecting the win, FSU is really good, we’re obviously not at that level yet. Fought hard in first half and kept it close, but unraveled in 2nd half. Losing Duke for the rest of the season is a kick in the crotch.

Hopefully we can regroup. A win against VT next week pretty much locks up the Coastal for us and earns us another FSU ass kicking. Either way, still been a very nice season so far, Al has us going the right way. As always....

Golden Age

Have I mentioned that I freaking hate Virginia Tech and Frank Beamer’s conjoined twin growing out of his neck? His twin must be calling the plays this season.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:47 Mon 11/4/2013

#cricketschirpinginhere*

You can really tell everones’ teams are having weak seasons... wait, my team is the only one having a weak season.

Where the Hell is everybody?

* I have no idea what a hashtag in front of words/sentences means or does, but I hope I didn’t just create some kind of link to World War III or one that floods the midwest again!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:03 Mon 11/4/2013

A mediocre team this year plus life getting in the way has pulled my attention elsewhere for the most part.

Turnovers killed us Saturday, not a chance in hell for a win when you turn the ball over 4 times.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 06:50 Mon 11/4/2013

Big game on Thursday. Unfortunately, I think enough weaknesses have been exposed in Stanford’s defense, particularly in terms of big plays given up against Utah and Washington (and to a lesser extent against ASU in the 2nd half when the game was pretty much already over). But, they did limit UCLA to only 10 points and had caused some big turnovers, however Hundley has shown that he’s turnover prone, and Marriota has been pretty much perfect this season.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:07 Tue 11/5/2013

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:57 Tue 11/5/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9927588/miami-hurricanes-radio-host-dan-sileo-fired-posting-bounty-florida-state-seminoles-timmy-jernigan

I don’t even think Miami fans like Sileo anymore. The guy is the definition of "meathead."

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:40 Tue 11/5/2013

Looks like Luck isn’t going anywhere.

Steve Patterson hired by Texas?