College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227538 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 12:06 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by hopscotch
Being ranked at the end of the season, after every game has been played, is certainly better than being ranked for two weeks during the season and then falling off into obscurity like Big Least teams.

No one is buying the UCF is better than the Big East argument. Probably not even you. UCF has never beaten a Big East school... ever. Stop shooting yourself in the foot unless that’s what floats your boat.

I can’t wait to tune in to ESPN College Game Day in Orlando this weekend. Oh, wait... nevermind.

The voters in the Coaches Poll, and a big group of sportswriters, bought into UCF being better than the Big East last year. I think their opinions matter a little more than a beer drinking couch burner and an Iowa fan who’s posts get automatically ignored when it comes to college football.

Were you ranked at the beginning of the season?

How does being ranked before playing any games matter?

I’ll answer for you, no, you weren’t, and still aren’t, and probably won’t be at the end of the season. But based on your statement above, it seems as if the experts figured out that UCF should have never been ranked at the end of the season, and then FIU beats UCF to simply reinforce that they were indeed correct. We all know you are grasping for attention and relevance, it is kind of cute.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:08 Wed 9/21/2011

"We"?

Oh, JJ.. live in your little fantasy world.

Where your only mechanism to everyone making fun of you here and laughing constantly at you in this thread is throwing out ridiculous claims and puffery.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 12:11 Wed 9/21/2011

Oddly enough, I am really pulling for BYU.

Blazer06
13:59 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Stability. Raise your hand if you are happy you and your conference have it!

(raises hand)

I can’t raise my hand and I’m not even referring to a Division 1 conference.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:47 Wed 9/21/2011

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:58 Wed 9/21/2011

Being ranked at the end of the season, after every game has been played, is certainly better than being ranked for two weeks during the season and then falling off into obscurity like Big Least teams.

No one is buying the UCF is better than the Big East argument. Probably not even you. UCF has never beaten a Big East school... ever. Stop shooting yourself in the foot unless that’s what floats your boat.

I can’t wait to tune in to ESPN College Game Day in Orlando this weekend. Oh, wait... nevermind.

The voters in the Coaches Poll, and a big group of sportswriters, bought into UCF being better than the Big East last year. I think their opinions matter a little more than a beer drinking couch burner and an Iowa fan who’s posts get automatically ignored when it comes to college football.

I hate to break it to you, but there is only one person in this thread that constantly gets ignored with all their "Look at me, guys!" bullshit.

I feel bad for Bryan..

This doesn’t bode well for UCF and their chances of getting invited anywhere... ever. And with such a huge student body and mass of Alums...

interesting read

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:03 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Oddly enough, I am really pulling for BYU.

Hate them or love them, but Saban and Finebaum are both rooting for WVU. I know, I know, unless you’re a Bama fan, you hate them both.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:08 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
West Fuckin Virginia

Oliver Luck and my parents disagree, but I love that shirt.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:17 Wed 9/21/2011

I hate to break it to you, but there is only one person in this thread that constantly gets ignored with all their "Look at me, guys!" bullshit.

I feel bad for Bryan..

This doesn’t bode well for UCF and their chances of getting invited anywhere... ever. And with such a huge student body and mass of Alums...

interesting read

Why not?

On their list, we are the #2 non-BCS team out there, second to BYU. We’re better than half of the Pac-12 and at least a couple from most of the other conferences, playing non-BCS competition.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:49 Wed 9/21/2011

JJ.. It’s not awe inspiring.. But when over the course of 30 years, your team is ranked at the end of the season (like you are lauding) is ranked over 50% of the time, get back to me.

15th biggest athletic budget in the nation.. Only "Up" to go for my team.

What part of "nobody cares about Iowa" didn’t you understand? There’s a reason why nobody replies to your comments about the Cyclones, or Eagles, or whatever your mascot is.