College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227480 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:14 Mon 9/26/2011

Originally posted by beernovice39
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Keep drinking Cheese...

That was ugly. Our lack of depth on the offensive almost cost us dearly. I’ll take the win, by it damn sure wasn’t a thing of beauty.

Offensive line that is.

But hey, NOBODY looks as bad as Olde Piss. They are straight up garbage.

This is true. tsun has real chance to lose out.

What does tsun mean?

the school up north. Mullen uses it a dig and won’t say ole miss in, instead he refers to them as the school up north.

Maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t that show "Little Brother Syndrome" on the part of Miss State?

Not really, been going on for years between the two schools in various forms.

Same with WVU and Marshall. We refer to them as "that other school down south" although we’ve never lost to them. We have no mercy. I wish I could have been in Morgantown this past weekend. My buddy, Kenny said it was crazy.

Crazy in what way sir? Crazy in anticipation of the asswhippin to come or crazy because of the asswhippin delivered? Oh, Gino......

Geno threw for over 400 yards against LSU. Let’s see how South of nowhere does against LSU or ’Bama in the SEC championship game... if they make it that far.

Another BCS bowl win for WVU and a top 10 finish. I can’t wait to watch South Carolina crumble. Good luck getting to your first BCS bowl... ever.

You need to learn not to rain on a dude’s parade without a reason. South Carolina will fuck themselves as they have throughout their history.

Fact, my guys have no BCS bowls yours do. Fact, my guys have yet to lose, your guys have.....the rest of your drivel is future and based on your picks I don’t put much stock into your prognostications (nor mine). Plus if/when we loose I wont be on here like and ND fan claiming we lost it instead of getting beat (like WVU did). No I will have the class to not come back and get grilled....hibernate or something

I don’t think ANYONE is gonna come on here anymore (At least among the regulars) and claim their team lost it themselves..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:09 Mon 9/26/2011

Keep drinking Cheese...

That was ugly. Our lack of depth on the offensive almost cost us dearly. I’ll take the win, by it damn sure wasn’t a thing of beauty.

Offensive line that is.

But hey, NOBODY looks as bad as Olde Piss. They are straight up garbage.

This is true. tsun has real chance to lose out.

What does tsun mean?

the school up north. Mullen uses it a dig and won’t say ole miss in, instead he refers to them as the school up north.

Maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t that show "Little Brother Syndrome" on the part of Miss State?

Not really, been going on for years between the two schools in various forms.

Same with WVU and Marshall. We refer to them as "that other school down south" although we’ve never lost to them. We have no mercy. I wish I could have been in Morgantown this past weekend. My buddy, Kenny said it was crazy.

Crazy in what way sir? Crazy in anticipation of the asswhippin to come or crazy because of the asswhippin delivered? Oh, Gino......

Geno threw for over 400 yards against LSU. Let’s see how South of nowhere does against LSU or ’Bama in the SEC championship game... if they make it that far.

Another BCS bowl win for WVU and a top 10 finish. I can’t wait to watch South Carolina crumble. Good luck getting to your first BCS bowl... ever.

You need to learn not to rain on a dude’s parade without a reason. South Carolina will fuck themselves as they have throughout their history.

Fact, my guys have no BCS bowls yours do. Fact, my guys have yet to lose, your guys have.....the rest of your drivel is future and based on your picks I don’t put much stock into your prognostications (nor mine). Plus if/when we loose I wont be on here like and ND fan claiming we lost it instead of getting beat (like WVU did). No I will have the class to not come back and get grilled....hibernate or something

Fair enough my friend. I get a little hotheaded when someone insinuates that Geno is at fault for that loss. My bad. LSU beat us fair and square, but we didn’t help our own cause with the Notre Dame-like turnovers.

Her’s an honest question... a couple actually:

Does Mississippi State run a no-huddle offense?

Does anyone have the resources to find out how many injury time-outs LSU had to take vs. Oregon, WVU and possibly MSU (if they’re no huddle) as opposed to teams that huddle up and allow sufficient time for defensive substitutions? I don’t have the time, but maybe there’s a website with that kind of analysis.

If LSU is faking temporary injuries to allow for defensive "time-outs" and defensive substitutions (and not getting caught), then more power to them.

They were the better team last year and this year as well.

I still think the Mounties can run the table and win a bowl game against anyone... but, not if they play the way they did on Saturday.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 19:27 Mon 9/26/2011

OK. Is it just me or does Va. Tech’s AD sound like a retard when interviewed? Did the dude used to stutter or something?

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 19:46 Mon 9/26/2011

OK. Is it just me or does Va. Tech’s AD sound like a retard when interviewed? Did the dude used to stutter or something?

The guy is like Plato when compared to Dabo. BTW my Gino comment went back to last season but I guess that was lost on ya . No harm, always in fun here.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 04:21 Tue 9/27/2011

The guy is like Plato when compared to Dabo. BTW my Gino comment went back to last season but I guess that was lost on ya . No harm, always in fun here.

Yeah, what is Dabo gonna say post-game when they lose? It’s tried and true that a coach needs to be level headed in interviews. The excitement is good for team morale and recruiting, but how will the crying on national television sit with recruits?

I guarantee we’ll find out.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 04:26 Tue 9/27/2011

Seriously, though. Va Tech’s AD talks so slow and enunciates so clearly that it sounds like either he thinks everyone else is retarded or he’s having a really hard time processing questions and his subsequent answers. I listen and I want to jump in and finish his sentences for him. It’s like "spit it out already!"

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:09 Tue 9/27/2011

Yeah, what is Dabo gonna say post-game when they lose? It’s tried and true that a coach needs to be level headed in interviews. The excitement is good for team morale and recruiting, but how will the crying on national television sit with recruits?

Dabo is acting like he never won a football game before, guy is a douche. You’ll find out this weekend when they lose on the road to VT.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:10 Tue 9/27/2011

Dabo is acting like he never won a football game before, guy is a douche. You’ll find out this weekend when they lose on the road to VT.

I don’t think anyone doubts Clemson will falter as the season progresses.. they ALWAYS do.

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 13:30 Tue 9/27/2011

I don’t think anyone doubts Clemson will falter as the season progresses.. they ALWAYS most of the time do.

The orange toothless wonders are out locally in droves now. I find it funny when some of them rant about its 1981 all over again, especially the ones in their teens and 20s .
Make no mistake, Va. Tech is my second favorite team this week .

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:36 Tue 9/27/2011

I’ll pull for VTech. Also pulling for Nebraska. Sick and tired of hearing about Wisco.. easiest Non-Conf schedule I’ve ever seen aside from Mich State this year in the Big Ten..