College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227502 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:24 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by beernovice39
Does anyone smell corn dogs?

No.

But, I do smell a former "East"ern conference improving their football by adding some BCS calibre teams and dropping the rust-belt dead weight.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:21 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Oh, and the Big Least announcement will be this week. Get ready for an improved conference, after dropping the dead weight who couldn’t seem to bring in BCS points.

Ridiculous. You just can’t stop yourself from talking smack about UCF... who, this year alone, has lost to... do you even want me to go there? ... and I no longer have a dog in this fight.

dude I cannot let this go. I want to let it go but I am unable to just let it go. no 1 here really wants to think you are a total idiot. how can you possibly think that u c f is doing the big east a big favor here? the nights are 0 and 12 against the big east. they are 1 and 13 against the a c c. I will not even bring up basketball. west virginia has cunt slapped ucf every time they have played. hell, rutgers has done the same. stop being a moron. immediately.

Basketball, hockey, rifle bs.....what is it with you??? You really have a majority of boring interests. I mean you start great, college football, women, beer, but then it goes down fast (faster than UCF) to hockey, basketball and blah blah..........Im drinking wine tonight btw.

I’m a boring guy.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:25 Tue 11/1/2011

No.

But, I do smell a former "East"ern conference improving their football by adding some BCS calibre teams and dropping the rust-belt dead weight.

You do understand if you get added to the Big East, it’s highly likely you lose your BCS status right? Right.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:30 Tue 11/1/2011

No.

Teams that can’t beat BCS teams? Or even non-BCS teams like FIU?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:31 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum

No.

You do understand if you get added to the Big East, it’s highly likely you lose your BCS status right? Right.

Deep down he does, but let’s not forget this is the same GoT who predicted an undefeated season and an appearance in the Orange Bowl at the start of this season.

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 07:36 Tue 11/1/2011

Oh, and the Big Least announcement will be this week. Get ready for an improved conference, after dropping the dead weight who couldn’t seem to bring in BCS points.

Ridiculous. You just can’t stop yourself from talking smack about UCF... who, this year alone, has lost to... do you even want me to go there? ... and I no longer have a dog in this fight.

dude I cannot let this go. I want to let it go but I am unable to just let it go. no 1 here really wants to think you are a total idiot. how can you possibly think that u c f is doing the big east a big favor here? the nights are 0 and 12 against the big east. they are 1 and 13 against the a c c. I will not even bring up basketball. west virginia has cunt slapped ucf every time they have played. hell, rutgers has done the same. stop being a moron. immediately.

Basketball, hockey, rifle bs.....what is it with you??? You really have a majority of boring interests. I mean you start great, college football, women, beer, but then it goes down fast (faster than UCF) to hockey, basketball and blah blah..........Im drinking wine tonight btw.

I’m a boring guy.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:51 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by Cajun
The more posts I read the better I feel about "my school’s athletic program’s penis."

I don’t blame you. Miles can reel ’em in. Basketball? Not so much... but let’s get away from basketball until basketball season. I’d give you some kudos for baseball success, but that’s not allowed here. Non-revenue sports are a no-no.

Sorry Eric.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:53 Tue 11/1/2011

Pitt, Syracuse and WVU "dropped" by the Big East?

Those UCF message boards must be a pretty funny read. Delusional, at best. You’re brainwashed. Not your fault. It’s why we still love you, yet feel sorry for you. I bet we’d all get a kick out of reading them. Links, please?

Delusional vs non-delusional:

UCF has gone just 3-47 (0.060) against teams in one of the six BCS AQ conferences. That record includes going 0-12 vs. the Big East

"blah blah blah ... The Big Least’s future is much brighter with UCF... blah blah blah"

UCF = 0-10 vs. teams currently in the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12

As opposed to being with the never-rans, like MSU.

UCF = 2-13 vs. the SEC

Mississippi State 2 - UCF 0

" ...You’re worse than Gumby, living in the past..."

UCF = combined 1-24 vs. the ACC and Big East (Miami has been a member of both in the last ten years)

-WVU is one of four programs in the nation to post nine or more wins in the past six seasons. (What’s wrong with 9-4? How many years has UCF won nine games? If WVU were in C-USA, we’d have won eleven or twelve games per year over the past six seasons.... but then we would be irrelevant, so I’ll take the nine.)
-WVU has been ranked in the top 25 of the final BCS Standings five of the last six seasons.
-WVU Has reached nine consecutive bowl games.
- The Mountaineers have competed in a New Year’s Day or later bowl in six of the last eight campaigns.
-WVU has not finished lower than second place in its conference since 2002.

How are these the past? They are current streaks.

Most importantly:

WVU 36 - UCF 18
WVU - 45 UCF - 20

If you’d just stop being a dork about UCF, I’d probably root for them a bit since they’re from Florida. Currently, I root against UCF, just so Cheese will post smack about them... because you ask for it.

I mean, why do you always start a pointless, unfounded "my school’s athletic program’s penis" is bigger and badder than "your schools athletic program’s penis" smack talk war when your school’s athletic program is more akin to a vagina?

Every time UCF loses, all we hear coming out of Orlando is one giant queef, because UCF just got fucked again... hard.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:55 Tue 11/1/2011

Pitt, Syracuse and WVU "dropped" by the Big East?

Those UCF message boards must be a pretty funny read. Delusional, at best. You’re brainwashed. Not your fault. It’s why we still love you, yet feel sorry for you. I bet we’d all get a kick out of reading them. Links, please?

Delusional vs non-delusional:

UCF has gone just 3-47 (0.060) against teams in one of the six BCS AQ conferences. That record includes going 0-12 vs. the Big East

"blah blah blah ... The Big Least’s future is much brighter with UCF... blah blah blah"

UCF = 0-10 vs. teams currently in the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12

As opposed to being with the never-rans, like MSU.

UCF = 2-13 vs. the SEC

Mississippi State 2 - UCF 0

UCF = combined 1-24 vs. the ACC and Big East (Miami has been a member of both in the last ten years)

-WVU is one of four programs in the nation to post nine or more wins in the past six seasons. (What’s wrong with 9-4? How many years has UCF won nine games? If WVU were in C-USA, we’d have won eleven or twelve games per year over the past six seasons.... but then we would be irrelevant, so I’ll take the nine.)
-WVU has been ranked in the top 25 of the final BCS Standings five of the last six seasons.
-WVU Has reached a school-record nine consecutive bowl games.
- The Mountaineers have competed in a New Year’s Day or later bowl in six of the last eight campaigns.
-WVU has not finished lower than second place in its conference since 2002.

How are these the past? They are current streaks.

Most importantly:

WVU 36 - UCF 18
WVU - 45 UCF - 20

If you’d just stop being a dork about UCF, I’d probably root for them a bit since they’re from Florida. Currently, I root against UCF, just so Cheese will post smack about them... because you ask for it.

I mean, why do you always start a pointless, unfounded "my school’s athletic program’s penis" is bigger and badder than "your schools athletic program’s penis" smack talk war when your school’s athletic program is more akin to a vagina?

Every time UCF loses, all we hear coming out of Orlando is one giant queef, because UCF just got fucked again... hard.

You’re a boring guy.

tl;dr.

Pitt, Cuse, and WVA gone. 1 Big East Championship in the last 5 years among them. Two old rust-belt shitholes that don’t care about college football, and a bunch of hillbillies with an average IQ of 82.

UCF, Houston, Boise, SMU, Navy, Air Force, and possibly BYU added. Better markets. Better teams. Better looking future. Much smarter alumni.

Cajun
beers 609 º places 4 º 08:01 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by Cajun
The more posts I read the better I feel about "my school’s athletic program’s penis."

I don’t blame you. Miles can reel ’em in. Basketball? Not so much... but let’s get away from basketball until basketball season. I’d give you some kudos for baseball success, but that’s not allowed here. Non-revenue sports are a no-no.

Sorry Eric.

I know this is a college football thread, so I’ve posted accordingly. However, if truth be known, I’m a baseball guy. Always have been. LSU has incorrectly been noted as a "football school" by some because of recent success. But, while football pays the bills, BASEBALL is King. LSU has lead the entire nation in NCAA attendance for the last 13 years and will continue to do so in the years to come. Tiger baseball fans, like myself, bus, carpool, fly or freakin’ walk to Omaha every year whether LSU is playing in the college World Series or NOT.
Don’t get me wrong, football is wildly popular and rabid on Saturday nights.
(If you want to go strickly on National Championships, then Women’s Track and Field rules the school...lol)