College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227473 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:18 Tue 8/2/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
PS - Nice battle, Eric.. ya just beat us out for Ray Martin.

I assume UNC (the other one in his Top 3) fell far with Butch Davis being fired.

He hasn’t made a commitment yet.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:40 Wed 8/3/2011

That was a waste of entire page in this thread, Eric..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:48 Wed 8/3/2011

We offered Robert Gregory (3* Dual Threat QB) this last weekend when him and Jordan Diamond (4* OT) came to visit. Shades of Brad Banks.. he’s wanted an Iowa offer for a long time.

They are both out of Simeon (Chicago) and Diamond skipped the Michigan BBQ for it.

They are also both good friends with Maurice Fleming, who already committed.

And yes, we got that commit from Ryan Ward (4* OT) a couple weeks back.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:51 Wed 8/3/2011

And whaddya know?! UCF now has more than 1 verbal committment!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:55 Wed 8/3/2011

Gumby asked for it. Plus, it’s a good read for anyone who loves West Virginia football... which, in this context, would only be me.

Thank you everyone else for NOT posting the entire breakdown of your upcoming seasons. I wouldn’t have read yours either.

What are you all wagering on?

OrlGamecock
08:24 Wed 8/3/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch

Gumby asked for it. Plus, it’s a good read for anyone who loves West Virginia football... which, in this context, would only be me.

Thank you everyone else for NOT posting the entire breakdown of your upcoming seasons. I wouldn’t have read yours either.

What are you all wagering on?

Wager is on a pick’em again. Also, I would consider doing a wager of whose team ends the season highest ranked if anyone would be up for that one. I think J would since he has UCF being the greatest team ever!!!!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:16 Wed 8/3/2011

Got two last night. One was a noname quarterback who everyone wonders what the hell our coaches are thinking...

The other, however, was one of our top targets and part of a specific group of locals that we’re going after. Big get for us at WR and hopefully can entice the rest of the group to join up.

As I said before, we have very few schollies this year and we are going after mostly top talent (well, except two of our three commits so far ) We should pick it up strong during the season, especially as we go undefeated and win the Orange Bowl.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:07 Wed 8/3/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Got two last night. One was a noname quarterback who everyone wonders what the hell our coaches are thinking...

The other, however, was one of our top targets and part of a specific group of locals that we’re going after. Big get for us at WR and hopefully can entice the rest of the group to join up.

As I said before, we have very few schollies this year and we are going after mostly top talent (well, except two of our three commits so far ) We should pick it up strong during the season, especially as we go undefeated and win the Orange Bowl.

QB from Jupiter Christian? Yikes.

I could get a sandlot team together from members of this site and formulate a team tougher than the competition he plays.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 15:33 Wed 8/3/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by GodOfThunder

QB from Jupiter Christian? Yikes.

I could get a sandlot team together from members of this site and formulate a team tougher than the competition he plays.

Wait wait wait.. you gotta understand!

UCF is in on TOP people.

This is that plan coming to fruition.

OrlGamecock
18:19 Wed 8/3/2011

Practice started today for the cocks... I can’t wait for the season to start...

So J, tab bet on who finishes ranked higher at the end of the season?