College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88281 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 18:24 Tue 5/29/2012

Some serious work being done recruiting defense at AU. Dee Liner and Carl Lawson two of the top DE in the country and 5 star studs are solid and recruiting hard for us, expectations that we lead big for Montravious Adams DT, and that 4 star DE Tashawn Bower will commit if all goes well during visit this weekend. Stud LB Trey Johnson is solid and #2 player in the country LB Reuben Foster was in for Big Cat Weekend, definite flip potential from the Crimson turds with him going to Auburn HS. It is early, but VanGorder and crew are swinging for the fences and in very good shape.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:14 Wed 5/30/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by TheAlum
As expected, sounds like Olsen finally committed to Miami.

Nice legacy grab there, Gumby.

Who’s this QB you grabbed from small school Texas with Lamar as only other offer? Your staff must really like him to take him so early, there had to be higher guys on your board though. Seems peculiar to me.

Plus he spells his name Nic with no K on the end. Thats gotta bother you.

Missed our main targets for the year already (And man, it’s early to say that - but several committed)..

Gave the new OC his picks (Since he’s from Texas).. he gave out two offers on the same day to less heralded kids down there.. first to commit, got it. Other got their offer pulled.

I believe after this year, Ruddock will have the reigns for 3 years. We’ll be aiming hard at QBs in next class (Probably already working it hard due to this year)..

Either way, I’m pretty excited about the class so far. Pretty great class this early.. Brian Ferentz and Lavarr Woods joining the staff and bringing younger mindsets and NFL experience (As players) has really energized the recruiting game

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 07:30 Wed 5/30/2012

As expected, sounds like Olsen finally committed to Miami.

Nice legacy grab there, Gumby.

Who’s this QB you grabbed from small school Texas with Lamar as only other offer? Your staff must really like him to take him so early, there had to be higher guys on your board though. Seems peculiar to me.

Plus he spells his name Nic with no K on the end. Thats gotta bother you.

Missed our main targets for the year already (And man, it’s early to say that - but several committed)..

Gave the new OC his picks (Since he’s from Texas).. he gave out two offers on the same day to less heralded kids down there.. first to commit, got it. Other got their offer pulled.

I believe after this year, Ruddock will have the reigns for 3 years. We’ll be aiming hard at QBs in next class (Probably already working it hard due to this year)..

Either way, I’m pretty excited about the class so far. Pretty great class this early.. Brian Ferentz and Lavarr Woods joining the staff and bringing younger mindsets and NFL experience (As players) has really energized the recruiting game

Ruddcok will be a perfect QB for Iowas’s system I think. Smart kid and incredibly well coached from St. Thomas Aquinas.

I was miserable Randy was not recruiting him during his last year and Al came in late and really wanted him and tried to get him to switch, but the Ruddock’s stood firm with their pledge to Iowa which is commendable. Refreshing to see a kid actually homnor their early commitment even though he got the offer he wanted late.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 19:02 Sat 6/2/2012

WVU picked up that elusive 4 star today.

Starnes just went from six to midnight.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:28 Sat 6/2/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Some serious work being done recruiting defense at AU. Dee Liner and Carl Lawson two of the top DE in the country and 5 star studs are solid and recruiting hard for us, expectations that we lead big for Montravious Adams DT, and that 4 star DE Tashawn Bower will commit if all goes well during visit this weekend. Stud LB Trey Johnson is solid and #2 player in the country LB Reuben Foster was in for Big Cat Weekend, definite flip potential from the Crimson turds with him going to Auburn HS. It is early, but VanGorder and crew are swinging for the fences and in very good shape.

No one said Trooper Taylor and the boys couldn’t recruit. Time to see some dominance on the field with all those 4-star and 5-star recruits heading to The Plains over the past four years... during the post-Cam Newton era.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:30 Sat 6/2/2012

WVU picked up that elusive 4 star today.

Starnes just went from six to midnight.

I just came here to post that. Thanks for stealing my thunder. Punk.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:51 Sun 6/3/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch

No one said Trooper Taylor and the boys couldn’t recruit. Time to see some dominance on the field with all those 4-star and 5-star recruits heading to The Plains over the past four years... during the post-Cam Newton era.

In fairness to them, this is the final year of Tuberville’s last recruiting class, which was complete crap (’06 and ’07 were pretty poor, too, and helped aide his removal). Only T’Sharven Bell (CB) and Onterio McCalebb (RB)are left from that class and truly only Darvin Adams panned out(WR - Carolina Panters).

We have an enormous amount of talent now and Chizik largely has his own players at this point. Our defense has been pretty poor the past few years and I am excited to see the elite talent being targeted, specifically on the D-Line and at LB. I have no problem saying Ted Roof was a crappy coordinator and look forward to seeing what VanGorder can do.

Two new coordinators, Kiehl Frazier takes over at QB as true soph... a lot needs to come together and fast. Clemson, MSU, and LSU in the first 4 weeks. We’ll be better than last year, but don’t think we can beat UGA, LSU, or Bama. I am confident we will seriously contend for the Sec West in 2013 and potential Nat. Championship in 2014.

OrlGamecock
04:42 Mon 6/4/2012

South Carolina rolling over Clemson to advance to super regionals... 19 game CWS win streak

Also picked up 2 big LB recruits last weekend, 1 4 star Matt Rolin. Our class is almost filled up with 16 already

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:21 Tue 6/5/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
South Carolina rolling over Clemson to advance to super regionals... 19 game CWS win streak

Damn. Is it already that time of year? I hadn’t noticed... and I’m not even slamming college baseball here. Had-no-clue!

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 19:28 Tue 6/5/2012

Some early Vegas lines for week 1, 10 points in Vandy (Might take that), WVU, and Sparty:

South Carolina (-10) at Vanderbilt

NC State (+6.5) vs Tennessee

Boise State (+6.5) at Michigan State

Michigan (+13) vs Alabama

Marshall (+21.5) at West Virginia

Auburn (+5) vs Clemson

I will give you Vandy +10 say for a $50 tab at Thirsty Monk or $50 shopping at Bruisin Ales?