College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88173 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 11:16 Wed 8/15/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
That’s one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen pertaining to college football. Lmao at the fans in the thread really excited and thinking it’s a great idea.

I got a good chuckle at the posts, as well.

I notice Cheese is absent from commenting on this gem, must be because MSU has never had an 11 win season.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 13:01 Wed 8/15/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
That’s one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen pertaining to college football. Lmao at the fans in the thread really excited and thinking it’s a great idea.

I notice Cheese is absent from commenting on this gem, must be because MSU has never had an 11 win season.

Been at work, but really, I think the picture says it all.

OrlGamecock
15:18 Wed 8/15/2012

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan

7 South Carolina Gamecocks
By Andy Staples
After setting a school record for wins, the Gamecocks return enough talent to compete for the SEC title. And a team that can compete for the SEC title can compete for the national title. Defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles said the Gamecocks embrace those expectations, declaring that attitude part of "the New Carolina" concept that he gleaned from former Gamecock Melvin Ingram -- one of the team’s cornerstones last season. With defensive ends Jadeveon Clowney and Devin Taylor terrorizing opposing quarterbacks and tailback Marcus Lattimore returning from a knee injury to lead a zone-read-heavy offense, the team’s upside may depend on quarterback Connor Shaw.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/08/15/preseason-top-25-alabama-usc-lsu/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Where are you guys with all your history??????

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:23 Wed 8/15/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock

By Andy Staples
After setting a school record for wins, the Gamecocks return enough talent to compete for the SEC title. And a team that can compete for the SEC title can compete for the national title. Defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles said the Gamecocks embrace those expectations, declaring that attitude part of "the New Carolina" concept that he gleaned from former Gamecock Melvin Ingram -- one of the team’s cornerstones last season. With defensive ends Jadeveon Clowney and Devin Taylor terrorizing opposing quarterbacks and tailback Marcus Lattimore returning from a knee injury to lead a zone-read-heavy offense, the team’s upside may depend on quarterback Connor Shaw.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/08/15/preseason-top-25-alabama-usc-lsu/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It’s true, we are laughing at you, not with you. If you can’t understand how ridiculous those rings are, you need to take the cock-goggles off.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:28 Wed 8/15/2012

Nice commitment from 4* offensive tackle Jake Thomas today to MSU. Great O-Line class shaping up, Mix, Flowers, Clayborn and now Thomas.

OrlGamecock
15:44 Wed 8/15/2012

By Andy Staples

It’s true, we are laughing at you, not with you. If you can’t understand how ridiculous those rings are, you need to take the cock-goggles off.

Not a particular fan of them, but it is what it is, and can’t change what happened. Still kinda nice making our teams history now, the past 2 season have been our 2 best seasons ever, and this season should be just as good if not better.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:00 Wed 8/15/2012

Connor Shaw?

So... wait a minute.

Stephen Garcia’s not coming back for another year?

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:10 Wed 8/15/2012

By Andy Staples

Ummmmmmmmm...all I talk about is my team’s history.

5 titles.

Suck it Cheese!!! !!!! !!!!

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:11 Wed 8/15/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Connor Shaw?

So... wait a minute.

Stephen Garcia’s not coming back for another year?

I thought Garcia was a 7th year sophomore this year.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:12 Wed 8/15/2012

Nice commitment from 4* offensive tackle Jake Thomas today to MSU. Great O-Line class shaping up, Mix, Flowers, Clayborn and now Thomas.

3 star. Nice try.