College Football Thread 2012

Reads 87766 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:15 Thu 8/16/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
We have the right people in here now.

Yeah. Sure. That’s what she said.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:17 Thu 8/16/2012

I think you had a little too much moonshine and consensual incest while you were up in WVA.

Yawwwwn. Ignorance is sooo boring.

... and seriously, who distills moonshine nowadays? You can buy 99% ethanol at the local liquor store.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:28 Thu 8/16/2012

Adidas is the new King of Terrible Alt Uniforms.

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 14:55 Thu 8/16/2012

Was that ND one Adidas? Man that thing is ugly...

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:54 Thu 8/16/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
I think you had a little too much moonshine and consensual incest while you were up in WVA.

... and seriously, who distills moonshine nowadays? You can buy 99% ethanol at the local liquor store.

I find it disturbing that you neglected to refute the consensual incest accusation, and not the overzealous moonshine consumption one.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:57 Thu 8/16/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by hopscotch

I find it disturbing that you neglected to refute the consensual incest accusation, and not the overzealous moonshine consumption one.

No shit. Linkage.

OrlGamecock
19:01 Thu 8/16/2012

Cheese why haven’t you gloated about your FB stadium expansion... I think it cost 2x more than all of UCF athletic facilities

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:54 Thu 8/16/2012

Thank God.

New forum subscription service is very cool.

Orlando now shows up on my far right side "moat recent posts" list..

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:10 Fri 8/17/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
All I’m trying to say is that I value Rivals and their staff the most.

However, I’ve found it very useful to use both sites for their strengths the last couple years.

I ignore Scout entirely unless their Iowa guy has a free article.

Rivals has even slipped a bit in recent years. I’m not sure how much analysis is really going on over there, and if they don’t just give stars based on offers.

Pretty sure 247 was started by some of the original rivals guys. I think their composite ranking is the best objective tool out their right now.

I don’t understand how Rivals can rank all kickers a 2 star. We have the nation’s #1 kicker and #1 punter and they are 2 stars?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:18 Fri 8/17/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by TheAlum
All I’m trying to say is that I value Rivals and their staff the most.

However, I’ve found it very useful to use both sites for their strengths the last couple years.

I ignore Scout entirely unless their Iowa guy has a free article.

Rivals has even slipped a bit in recent years. I’m not sure how much analysis is really going on over there, and if they don’t just give stars based on offers.

Pretty sure 247 was started by some of the original rivals guys. I think their composite ranking is the best objective tool out their right now.

I don’t understand how Rivals can rank all kickers a 2 star. We have the nation’s #1 kicker and #1 punter and they are 2 stars?

The composite is useful, so long as the prospect you are looking at, is evaluated everywhere else. It seems a bit wacky when a prospect is lacking evaluations from everywhere..