College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88276 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:38 Mon 9/3/2012

Originally posted by jzzbassman
C’mon, NO one is gonna give Cheeseman a hard time about this?

I knew it was coming...

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:40 Mon 9/3/2012

Originally posted by MlhopeTC
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
OSU favored by 17.5 points on Saturday, smart money says they cover with ease.

Yea we most likely won’t cover that spread but I think there is a 1 in 1000 chance we make it a game until late in the 3rd or early 4th if things don’t go their way.

FIFY

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 21:38 Mon 9/3/2012

Yea we most likely won’t cover that spread but I think there is a 1 in 1000 chance we make it a game until late in the 3rd or early 4th if things don’t go their way.

FIFY

I know you guys are used to hating on UCF all day, but 1 in 1000? That’s just being ignorant.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 04:34 Tue 9/4/2012

FIFY

I know you guys are used to hating on UCF all day, but 1 in 1000? That’s just being ignorant.

You are playing at Columbus as a 17.5 point underdog, and given UCF’s 2-45 record against BCS schools, please explain to me how that is an ignorant statement? The fact is, history proves that UCF simply cannot play against teams from a real conference. Don’t be like the other butt hurt UCF fan.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:48 Tue 9/4/2012

0-14 vs. Big East

... and that’s against the old Big East. The new and improved Big East is gonna be a real bitch.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:51 Tue 9/4/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
0-14 vs. Big East

... and that’s against the old Big East. The new and improved Big East is gonna be a real bitch.

Yeah, funny how those records against major conferences are impossible to hide behind..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:09 Tue 9/4/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
So, it turns out the best RB in the state injured his shoulder and is questionable for our game against the Crying Urbans. That sucks, but at least I have a built in excuse!

Either way, everyone will still go on knowing Iowa sucks, and the Big 10 is out of their league when they cross the Mason Dixon.

Odd, I didn’t realize your team was part of a relevant conference in the South or that they had ever beaten a team from the Big 10, as you are 0-5.

In fact, since you seem to forget just how shitty UCF really is, so lets look at the mighty CUSA champion’s record against the BCS Conferences:

2-8 vs. ACC
0-14 vs. Big East
0-5 vs. Big 10
0-4 vs. Big 12
0-1 vs. Pac 12
2-13 vs. SEC

2-45 vs. BCS teams

Cheese, Miss. State isn’t "part of the relevant conference in the south," either. They just let you stick around for a practice game in the middle of the season.

How many championships has Miss. State won?

Sorry GoT, it is pretty sad that you have to latch on to talk shit about another conference. It’s okay, I know you are still butt hurt that we beat the CUSA Champions in the Liberty Bowl and that we are in fact undefeated against the irrelevancy that is UCF football.

2-45 against BCS teams is pretty impressive there, but yeah, you did win CUSA and it simply proves that UCF is a shitty team in an even shittier conference.

We’re not 2-45 anymore. Get up to date states.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:10 Tue 9/4/2012

$5 says we beat it.

What are you in bets with me? 0-2.

That is almost as close as MSU with SEC Championships: 0-102 (or whatever)

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:12 Tue 9/4/2012

So, it turns out the best RB in the state injured his shoulder and is questionable for our game against the Crying Urbans. That sucks, but at least I have a built in excuse!

Either way, everyone will still go on knowing Iowa sucks, and the Big 10 is out of their league when they cross the Mason Dixon.

Odd, I didn’t realize your team was part of a relevant conference in the South or that they had ever beaten a team from the Big 10, as you are 0-5.

In fact, since you seem to forget just how shitty UCF really is, so lets look at the mighty CUSA champion’s record against the BCS Conferences:

2-8 vs. ACC
0-14 vs. Big East
0-5 vs. Big 10
0-4 vs. Big 12
0-1 vs. Pac 12
2-13 vs. SEC

2-45 vs. BCS teams

Cheese, Miss. State isn’t "part of the relevant conference in the south," either. They just let you stick around for a practice game in the middle of the season.

Sorry GoT, it is pretty sad that you have to latch on to talk shit about another conference. It’s okay, I know you are still butt hurt that we beat the CUSA Champions in the Liberty Bowl and that we are in fact undefeated against the irrelevancy that is UCF football.

2-45 against BCS teams is pretty impressive there, but yeah, you did win CUSA and it simply proves that UCF is a shitty team in an even shittier conference.

4-45?
Close enough. Point made.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:17 Tue 9/4/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch

2-8 vs. ACC
0-14 vs. Big East
0-5 vs. Big 10
0-4 vs. Big 12
0-1 vs. Pac 12
2-13 vs. SEC

2-45 vs. BCS teams

4-45?
Close enough. Point made.

Haven’t lost to a BCS team since early in 2010. We’ve righted the ship!

KNOW THAT!!