Dark Horse in a Nickelback video?

Reads 5420 • Replies 36 • Started Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:02:45 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

nickd717
beers 10342 º places 299 º 18:26 Tue 3/30/2010

Come on you guys, Nickelback is awesome! This could be a great opportunity for Dark Horse to really enhance the image of their product. Maybe after this they can get celebrities like Robert Pattinson, Zac Efron, or Britney Spears to endorse their product...or make appearances on Tila Tequila’s show or "Jersey Shore" Season 2. That would definitely make me drink more Double Crooked Tree and the like.

nuplastikk
beers 9841 º places 73 º 02:23 Wed 3/31/2010

Yeah, NB seriously kicks ass. Best band since Staind hands down.

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 02:58 Wed 3/31/2010

They should feature Kanye West and Lil’ Jon on one of their songs, to achieve artistic perfection.

masonjer
beers 609 º places 15 º 08:22 Wed 3/31/2010

All I know is that double crooked tree is tasting amazing right now.

darkguardian
beers 736 º places 2 º 12:53 Wed 3/31/2010

Originally posted by italarican
Originally posted by duff
The brewer at Dark Horse thinks Slayer are cool?

For real. It would be one thing if he said Nickelback just wasn’t his kind of music, but he trashes the band and then says it’s not a "cool" band like... Slayer?!?

As they say: everyone’s music taste sucks except your own.

Yeesh. Slayer are legends for a reason. Nickelback can barely play their own instruments. Their songs are to say the least boring. Whatever one may feel about Slayer (certainly Tom Araya is no great singer) they are certainly never boring. Good call by dark horse. Even if it was for a Slayer video they probably still should have and would have turned it down.

The only time Nickelback has ever done anything "cool"
nullThe Four Horsemen

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 13:49 Wed 3/31/2010

Originally posted by BavarianPurity
Welllll, ... Dark Horse isn’t especially what you’d call a phenomenal brewery, so it isn’t of any concern of mine who’ll they’ll regard as "cool" or not - it’s all mediocrity if you ask me ... of course Nickelback are the reals shits, but still...

I hope you’re joking...

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 13:57 Wed 3/31/2010

Originally posted by Doggythedog
Kanye West

If you take the most awesome beer in the world and multiply by an awesomeness factor of ten, it is still only just getting to be in the suburbs of Kanye’s awesome metropolis.

duff
beers 5025 º places 40 º 16:20 Wed 3/31/2010

Welllll, ... Dark Horse isn’t especially what you’d call a phenomenal brewery, so it isn’t of any concern of mine who’ll they’ll regard as "cool" or not - it’s all mediocrity if you ask me ... of course Nickelback are the reals shits, but still...

i guess my original point is who gives a fuck? i don’t like slayer, but i wouldn’t care if they chose to drink my beer or have it in one of their videos or whatever, same for Nickelback. Think its pretty shallow actually, kinda like not wanting to hang around with the geeky kid at school coz you’re afraid of what your friends might think.

But, I guess that makes this guy pretty cool, I guess its Ok to drink his beer now

Seriousy though, he missed out. Yeah, Nickelback suck and I hate them, but in the great scheme of things...... meh

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 17:13 Wed 3/31/2010

Originally posted by KAggie97
Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Who gives a shit what it’s about... it was a great opportunity.
Here, here!

Personally, I’m more offended that rappers are in the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Shame, er, Fame than I am over what beer a band like Nickleback has in their music videos.

ignorance is bliss

... douche bag

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 17:19 Wed 3/31/2010

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

I hope you’re joking...

+1