Do I Dare??? RBWG

Reads 7585 • Replies 78 • Started Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:43:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ibrew2or3
beers 10533 º places 353 º 01:10 Thu 8/10/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by Ibrew2or3

Really? The fixed location is why I’ve attended both.

And its why I’ve attended neither.

We still have RBSG, but rotating gatherings are fairer to more Ratebeerians.

Its also fun to visit other places. Not many people take the same vacation every year

Not many places are stagnant every year.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:02 Thu 8/10/2017

Originally posted by joet

It will continue after this year’s hiatus. We have growing support from top brewers, sponsors and other interested parties. We’ve made no commitment as to where it will be and different ideas have been floated as to its frequency and goals. It’s fair to say that RBWG 18 planning by the community is in play!

I’m confused. Hasn’t there been RBWG/Best in 2016 and 2017? So you are saying that there will not be a RB Best 2018? So a RBWG 2018 is up to the community to plan?

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 08:50 Thu 8/10/2017

Same here. I’m more likely to go to SD in the winter than anywhere else.
The end of the year tap recap at Alesmith alone is worth the trip.

Originally posted by hayduke
Warm spot. Cold spot. All the same to me though for selfish reasons I would love Southern California as I can drive there in one day.

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 08:58 Thu 8/10/2017

Same here. I’m more likely to go to SD in the winter than anywhere else.
The end of the year tap recap at Alesmith alone is worth the trip.

Originally posted by hayduke
Warm spot. Cold spot. All the same to me though for selfish reasons I would love Southern California as I can drive there in one day.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:04 Thu 8/10/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Originally posted by Drake

Really? The fixed location is why I’ve attended both.

And its why I’ve attended neither.

We still have RBSG, but rotating gatherings are fairer to more Ratebeerians.

Its also fun to visit other places. Not many people take the same vacation every year

Not many places are stagnant every year.

True. But I bet San Diego in 2018 and 2019 is more similar of a beer scene than San Diego 2018 and Austin 2019. If you disagree, you’re an idiot.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 09:48 Thu 8/10/2017

Alaska in March could be very nice...

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 10:08 Thu 8/10/2017

The window of opportunity to have RBWG in North Korea may be closing...

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 10:33 Thu 8/10/2017

I think the whole point of the RBWG is to have it in a location with warm weather... the RBSG then typically goes to a place that is cold in the winter. At least that’s what’s been done traditionally.

I personally would LOVE to see RBWGs come back... every year. I’m almost certainly never going to go to a RateBeer Best because it’s too far away, too expensive, and falls during a lot of gigs/teaching/school year for me. However, if a RBWG happens somewhere where I can drive to reasonably, I’m back in. I miss the RBWGs badly! I’ve never been to a RBSG because they also always end up being somewhere too damn far away or fall during summer teaching... MAKE RBWG GREAT AGAIN!

BuckeyeBoy
beers 17546 º places 275 º 19:33 Thu 8/10/2017

Looking like someone needs to set-up a official proposal dates and so on.

hotstuff
beers 5394 º places 74 º 20:47 Thu 8/10/2017

Originally posted by drowland
I think the whole point of the RBWG is to have it in a location with warm weather... the RBSG then typically goes to a place that is cold in the winter. At least that’s what’s been done traditionally.

I personally would LOVE to see RBWGs come back... every year. I’m almost certainly never going to go to a RateBeer Best because it’s too far away, too expensive, and falls during a lot of gigs/teaching/school year for me. However, if a RBWG happens somewhere where I can drive to reasonably, I’m back in. I miss the RBWGs badly! I’ve never been to a RBSG because they also always end up being somewhere too damn far away or fall during summer teaching... MAKE RBWG GREAT AGAIN!
Amen!!